Reus and Gundogan

Id love to see Gündoğan here. I think he's a magic little player, Dortmund's best player in the season they got to the CL final. He didn't grab the headlines like Reus or Lewandowski with goals and assists but he started everything good for the team.

He's like a deep lying David Silva. Always involved, spots non-obvious passes that others don't see that set-up good opportunities further forward.

Is often as good as Modric who is the best of this kind of player.

His performance against Madrid in the CL semis in 2013, for a 22 year old, was out of this world!
So you'd drop Silva then?

Those two would be wasted at City.

Whilst quality on the ball is always useful, what we need is a player like Pogba who can play and tackle. We already have enough flair in the team, it's power that's required for work off the ball. We have Fernando, Delph and Fernandinho but do they have the technique to go with the power? Not sure. Maybe they do.

I definitely would not buy a Koke, Reus Gundogan etc. It would still leave a hole in the team and it would not add to our 1st 11. Fans always forget that team have to be competitive without the ball, and that was our weakness last season which led to us dropping a forward so it had a knock-on effect all round the team.

We may already have addressed the issue in two ways:

1) Delph mabe better than expected
2) Toure maybe back
3) Fernando is injury free. You cant train to your max if your carrying a groin injury so even if you can play through the discomfort, it affects your game.

Ideally both, meaning City can just go for De Bruyne to finish it all off.

If you think Gundogan doesn't work hard off the ball you need to go back and watch him play again, the guy is the complete CM.

So you'd drop Silva then?
Not in a million years.

Gundogen would play as a deep lying playmaker in an area like Yaya and Fernandinho play now, like Modric does for Madrid; and Silva would play as an attacking midfielder where he's always played, like James or Isco do for Madrid.

(Don't know why I keep finding Madrid comparisons, done it twice today).

Gundogen had a bad injury and he hasn't quite hit the peaks of where he was prior to his injury.

I think it will be a big season for him this year to prove he can get back to his best.

Not in a million years.

Gundogen would play as a deep lying playmaker in an area like Yaya and Fernandinho play now, like Modric does for Madrid; and Silva would play as an attacking midfielder where he's always played, like James or Isco do for Madrid.

(Don't know why I keep finding Madrid comparisons, done it twice today).
Dortmund have Sven Bender. You need some balance between flair and workrate and the very best midfielders can do both. Lampard of old, Gerrard, Keane etc

City's midfield last season was weak without the ball. We have addressed that with Delph

Gundogen had a bad injury and he hasn't quite hit the peaks of where he was prior to his injury.

I think it will be a big season for him this year to prove he can get back to his best.
This!! These are 2 of Dortmund's most frustrating players for their fans. In particular Gundogen as they are still waiting for that 2013 version to show back up. Then he almost pulled a Milner before signing an extension while everyone was convinced he was finally gone so they could get someone better. Outside of Kagawa, these 2 have a lit to prove under a new manager.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.