Reykjavic or Bucharest?

BlueMoonRisin’

As I'm getting older, I'm travelling to more random and off the beaten holiday track type places. I like to have up to a week travelling Europe as a secondary holiday. Year before last I went to Zadar Croatia, last year I went to Krakow Poland, This year I fancy either Reykjavik in Iceland or Bucharest in Romania, and can't decide between the two.

Any advice on either or perhaps somewhere else?

I would be tempted to have a look at Albania for somewhere a bit different a bit of the beaten track. Nice weather, lots of history, and lots of stunning countryside and equally stunning crumpet. Reykjavic it will probably piss down and there isnt much crumpet, and I hear Bucharest is a bit of a dump though nice weather and lots of crumpet remain in the equation.

Depends when in the year as well I guess, while i've not been to Romania ( yet ) Iceland is excellent and I would suggest going in the winter months for the hope of seeing the Aurora, also check out whale watching seasons if you fancy jumping on a whale watching boat.

Went to Iceland last week spent £35 and they delivered my shopping

Sorry mate i could not resist.
I have been to Iceland (the country) when serving in the Royal Navy .dont think it a cheap place to visit but very enjoyable

As I'm getting older, I'm travelling to more random and off the beaten holiday track type places. I like to have up to a week travelling Europe as a secondary holiday. Year before last I went to Zadar Croatia, last year I went to Krakow Poland, This year I fancy either Reykjavik in Iceland or Bucharest in Romania, and can't decide between the two.

Any advice on either or perhaps somewhere else?

Well, I think you need to forget all the cultural and environmental considerations and look at the only guide necessary.

The cost of a pint ratio.

In this instance, £200 could see you literally carried home to your hotel pished by four beauties every night in Bucharest.

Whilst in Rykjavik, that same £200 is afternoon tea.

Don't get me wrong, the chance to witness Bjork kicking fuck out of some journalist is tempting and the scenery is great.

It's not easy. Good luck

I would be tempted to have a look at Albania for somewhere a bit different a bit of the beaten track. Nice weather, lots of history, and lots of stunning countryside and equally stunning crumpet. Reykjavic it will probably piss down and there isnt much crumpet, and I hear Bucharest is a bit of a dump though nice weather and lots of crumpet remain in the equation.
Never considered Albania, will have to Google it as a future possibility.

Main reason I fancy Reykjavik is I've never seen the northern lights, and Iceland is probably the best place to view them from.

Been told that Romania is a beautiful country from a few people. I fancy Bucharest as it's capital, and from there I can travel by train to other places of interest.

The cost is not restrictive but magicpole rightly points out, it is dirt cheap and much better value in Romania.

To get a decent standard hotel in both countries isn't cheap, so I I will probably book an apartment off airbnb. Used them before, and renting an apartment is a smarter option.

Thanks for the replies guys : )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.