Reykjavic or Bucharest?

Main reason I fancy Reykjavik is I've never seen the northern lights, and Iceland is probably the best place to view them from.

If Northern lights are your aim, Tromso is one of the best places to see them, its Northern Norway, we saw the aurora 4 out of 7 nights when we went there, alhough we did see them in Reykjavik too.

Then there is this place, not been here though but its on our hit list of places to visit. Take a look at the live camera, it takes a pic every 10 minutes or so, there are Aurora showing there right now ( although the camrea sometimes stops taking so that may not be fully live ) Its basically a venue ontop of a large hill/small mountain.

http://www.auroraskystation.com/en/night-visit/

1200.jpg

If Northern lights are your aim, Tromso is one of the best places to see them, its Northern Norway, we saw the aurora 4 out of 7 nights when we went there, alhough we did see them in Reykjavik too.

Then there is this place, not been here though but its on our hit list of places to visit. Take a look at the live camera, it takes a pic every 10 minutes or so, there are Aurora showing there right now ( although the camrea sometimes stops taking so that may not be fully live ) Its basically a venue ontop of a large hill/small mountain.

1200.jpg

There's not a lot at Abisko. It's some buildings in the middle of nowhere, north end of a long walking trail, and with a cablecar up a mountain (presumably the one the camera's on?). I was there in high summer, so no darkness.

In the good old days when Trautmann, Leivers 'n Ewing were the mainstay of our back line, the choices would have been 'Arpur'ey or Colly'urst'. Just ask Kiddo. Born in Collyhurst, holidayed in 'Arpur'ey'!
Lol. Probably true when the world was less round mate.

Thing is, and with a bit of forward planning, travelling abroad is a lot easier and more affordable than it was years ago. Last year, the cost of 2 return tickets to Warsaw on Ryanair was only £102.50. you can't even travel to London on a single train ticket at certain times of the day for that.

Lol. Probably true when the world was less round mate.

Thing is, and with a bit of forward planning, travelling abroad is a lot easier and more affordable than it was years ago. Last year, the cost of 2 return tickets to Warsaw on Ryanair was only £102.50. you can't even travel to London on a single train ticket at certain times of the day for that.

Both my kids have been to Iceland and they both rave about it! Dunno about Bucharest!

I went to Bucharest for the Champions League game in August. One of the best places I've visited, and I've seen the majority of Europe at this point. I've recommended it to anyone that will listen since.

It was really hot - tshirt and shorts at the game which kicked off quite late at night. Plenty to see in the city and the architecture all over was very pretty. Very, very cheap too which helps - 4* central hotel was £35 I think, 70 p a pint, good food. Beautiful women everywhere you turn is always a plus. The heaviest building on earth (and 3rd largest) is worth a visit, and sometimes has concerts on in the massive road in front of it. Rihanna had been on a couple of days before so whilst she might not be your cup of tea, there might be a well known artist you do like performing which you could tie in a trip.

I didn't fit it in myself, but there are excursions out to Dracula's castle etc. There are meant to be other really nice places in Romania too.

Are you single? i recommend going to Kaunas in Lithuania if you fancy something different. Go so you're there on the Friday and on Saturday get a 1.5 hour train to the capital Vilnius.
I have never seen a better ratio of women to men than in Kaunas and they are all so so fit. Plus, because its a bit of an odd place to go they are all really surprised and excited that you're there, its great!
Vilnius is the same, but bigger obviously as its the capital. If you go a tip of mine is to argue the cost of entry to clubs etc, they see a foreigner and up the price by loads

I went to Bucharest for the Champions League game in August. One of the best places I've visited, and I've seen the majority of Europe at this point. I've recommended it to anyone that will listen since.

It was really hot - tshirt and shorts at the game which kicked off quite late at night. Plenty to see in the city and the architecture all over was very pretty. Very, very cheap too which helps - 4* central hotel was £35 I think, 70 p a pint, good food. Beautiful women everywhere you turn is always a plus. The heaviest building on earth (and 3rd largest) is worth a visit, and sometimes has concerts on in the massive road in front of it. Rihanna had been on a couple of days before so whilst she might not be your cup of tea, there might be a well known artist you do like performing which you could tie in a trip.

I didn't fit it in myself, but there are excursions out to Dracula's castle etc. There are meant to be other really nice places in Romania too.
I'm swayed towards Bucharest tbh. I've seen a nice apartment in Bucharest for only £15 a night. Flight I'm looking at is £217 return so pretty cheap really.
Are you single? i recommend going to Kaunas in Lithuania if you fancy something different. Go so you're there on the Friday and on Saturday get a 1.5 hour train to the capital Vilnius.
I have never seen a better ratio of women to men than in Kaunas and they are all so so fit. Plus, because its a bit of an odd place to go they are all really surprised and excited that you're there, its great!
Vilnius is the same, but bigger obviously as its the capital. If you go a tip of mine is to argue the cost of entry to clubs etc, they see a foreigner and up the price by loads
Lithuania is somewhere on my countries to visit list, I'll google more info on it cheers. I am single at the mo btw, and staying so for now; )

1200.jpg
Cheers Grunge. Maybe better to fit Iceland and Norway in on same trip.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.