Reykjavic or Bucharest?

There's not a lot at Abisko. It's some buildings in the middle of nowhere, north end of a long walking trail, and with a cablecar up a mountain (presumably the one the camera's on?). I was there in high summer, so no darkness.

yeah its supposed to be very secluded which helps for less light polution. By the sound of it you go for the night and thats about it,

I'm swayed towards Bucharest tbh. I've seen a nice apartment in Bucharest for only £15 a night. Flight I'm looking at is £217 return so pretty cheap really.

I'm assuming your Manchester based, if not then this may be irrelevant - but I'd look at flying from Liverpool or Birmingham, maybe even further afield if you can and I'd be surprised if you cant find anything cheaper than that. Try BlueAir and Wizz Air. I've flown with both and they're fine, but be aware Wizz Air take the piss a bit with your hand luggage.

I think I paid about £110 return for the Champions League game and that was when the flights were spiking because every City fan was checking. I flew Liverpool to Bucharest and then Bucharest to Glasgow (both with Blue Air) and then got the train down from Glasgow and it was easy enough.

I'm assuming your Manchester based, if not then this may be irrelevant - but I'd look at flying from Liverpool or Birmingham, maybe even further afield if you can and I'd be surprised if you cant find anything cheaper than that. Try BlueAir and Wizz Air. I've flown with both and they're fine, but be aware Wizz Air take the piss a bit with your hand luggage.

I think I paid about £110 return for the Champions League game and that was when the flights were spiking because every City fan was checking. I flew Liverpool to Bucharest and then Bucharest to Glasgow (both with Blue Air) and then got the train down from Glasgow and it was easy enough.
Yes Manchester based mate. I prefer to fly from Manchester even if I have to fly indirect to destination I'm going to. Flew from Liverpool once, was ok but we had 6 of us sharing the cost of a minibus there and back.
I think Luton offer low cost direct flights, but getting to and from there can sometimes be more time consuming than going from Manchester and flying indirectly via a connecting airport to a destination.

Yes Manchester based mate. I prefer to fly from Manchester even if I have to fly indirect to destination I'm going to. Flew from Liverpool once, was ok but we had 6 of us sharing the cost of a minibus there and back.
I think Luton offer low cost direct flights, but getting to and from there can sometimes be more time consuming than going from Manchester and flying indirectly via a connecting airport to a destination.

Agree with you that saving a few quid here or there is often not worth the bother, but if you're saving £150 then surely its worth considering - you could stay for a month with the saving!

Takes me about an hour to get to either Manchester Aiport or Liverpool so I always consider both, but generally end up flying from Manchester anyway. I've never used it myself but the train to Birmingham is pretty easy I think, but would depend on the flight times.

Go to Iceland, but get out of Reykjavik and see the most incredibly beautiful country there is (in my opinion). I love it so much. Go to Jökulsárlón to see the glacier lagoon, see Gullfoss, Seljalandsfoss, Geysir, Skogafoss, the Snæfellsnes Peninsula is beautiful too, with Kirkjufell being my favourite spot. Go to one of the many geothermal pools. I went last March and saw the northern lights on my 5th night out of the 7 I was there for. And I also got lucky to see about 5 humpback whales. Just a gorgeous country with the friendliest people. Can't recommend it enough!

Agree with you that saving a few quid here or there is often not worth the bother, but if you're saving £150 then surely its worth considering - you could stay for a month with the saving!

Takes me about an hour to get to either Manchester Aiport or Liverpool so I always consider both, but generally end up flying from Manchester anyway. I've never used it myself but the train to Birmingham is pretty easy I think, but would depend on the flight times.
I weighed up a few alternative airports and found it best to fly from Manchester on the locality and easy reach,but thanks mate, worth weighing up other airports in future if the cash saving makes it worthwhile. I've decided to go from Manchester to Bucharest via Frankfurt outbound and Vienna inbound on Lufthansa.
Go to Iceland, but get out of Reykjavik and see the most incredibly beautiful country there is (in my opinion). I love it so much. Go to Jökulsárlón to see the glacier lagoon, see Gullfoss, Seljalandsfoss, Geysir, Skogafoss, the Snæfellsnes Peninsula is beautiful too, with Kirkjufell being my favourite spot. Go to one of the many geothermal pools. I went last March and saw the northern lights on my 5th night out of the 7 I was there for. And I also got lucky to see about 5 humpback whales. Just a gorgeous country with the friendliest people. Can't recommend it enough!
Thanks TT, will google those places you mention. I really enjoy travelling, for me It's one of lifes greatest pleasures, so will definitely visit Iceland in the not too distant future.

Personally Iceland. That does depend on time of year as I wouldn t go near it other than summertime.

As blues have said, Romania your money will stretch a lot further. No harm in saving some squids like....

Just been talking to a Romanian engineer on site at work and he took time googling places of interest in Bucharest.

He said the typical price of half a litre of beer is around 10-12p a pint in a bar there. He also said Kristal glam is a top nightclub to visit in the old town, but drinks there are expensive costing £1 a drink.

Robbing cunts: )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.