Ricardo Rodriguez

Some of us don't like Kolarov & didn't like him for the majority of his 200 games. At his best, he is pretty good & has conned me into thinking he's turned the corner, about 3 times. Each time he ended up the player we saw at Southampton. I'm sick of it, year in, year out. If he starts the season like a world class player, chances are he'll finish it like a twat. That's how he is.

Angelino is a far superior footballer to Kolarov.

One simple point, he controls & passes the ball with both feet & he does it quickly. He is smarter & he understands the kind of football Guardiola plays, much better, as he's been playing a basic version of it for years, as have most of the kids. Kolarov has more shooting power but Angelino also has a real shot on him & as he's a much smarter player, his crossing etc would probably be better in the long run as he'd pick players out rather than kicking it without looking & hoping it hits somebody & goes in.

But as you say, he is untried in the Prem & like Denayer, he is not physically well built or powerful for his position, compared to what we have, so defensively, at least in the fullback position, he may turn out to be as bad as Kolarov, maybe worse if we take into account his complete lack of aerial ability, which we would have to compensate.

But if Pep wants a fullback who plays like Bayern's do, often drifting into midfield & playing quick passes, good luck getting Kolarov to do it, with his one foot & slow brain.

I have a feeling Pep likes the look of him, from the few sound bites that have come from him so far. From what I've seen of him in the Academy games pre-New York and now in the pre-season, what's not to like.
I agree that the kids being given a chance pre-season have the advantage of playing this kind of football for the last number of years. It is not something that they have to learn from scratch.
It comes naturally. I think Angelino may well be pushed further forward in midfield if not used directly as a wingback. The one game against Bayern where he was tried in 3 different positions, suggested to me that Pep was having a serious look at him. The kid did well in all three positions.
Another advantage of the academy players is their youthful energy infusion. Even the worst Kolarov haters wouldn't suggest that his premiership experience counts for nothing, but that energetic sprinting back after making a mistake, which invariably kids will make, is not something we've seen from Kolarov of late.
I'd be in the camp of giving Angelino and Maffeo a chance this year and I do think Angelino in particular is definitely on pep's radar.

I have a feeling Pep likes the look of him, from the few sound bites that have come from him so far. From what I've seen of him in the Academy games pre-New York and now in the pre-season, what's not to like.
I agree that the kids being given a chance pre-season have the advantage of playing this kind of football for the last number of years. It is not something that they have to learn from scratch.
It comes naturally. I think Angelino may well be pushed further forward in midfield if not used directly as a wingback. The one game against Bayern where he was tried in 3 different positions, suggested to me that Pep was having a serious look at him. The kid did well in all three positions.
Another advantage of the academy players is their youthful energy infusion. Even the worst Kolarov haters wouldn't suggest that his premiership experience counts for nothing, but that energetic sprinting back after making a mistake, which invariably kids will make, is not something we've seen from Kolarov of late.
I'd be in the camp of giving Angelino and Maffeo a chance this year and I do think Angelino in particular is definitely on pep's radar.

It appears that way to me too. But I don't think that a lot of what we have seen pre season is actually the 'real' team, I think Pep has been running some kind of tests on players, so it's hard to be sure if Angelino's presence isn't the same thing.

If I had to bet, I'd say that him, Mafreo, Tosin, A Garcia & Denayer are all in Pep's thinking.

Shirley he can. And I still believe he, Angelino, and Tsende will eventually own that position.

The football expert who has an opinion on every player on world football doesn't even know our own youth player, ooops.

The point is that Angeliño IS Jose
The point is that Angeliño IS Jose Angel Tasende.that's why I said that, I think he gets his in depth player knowledge off fifa or football manager

He said Angelino and Tasende as if they were 2 players. Like saying Kun and Aguero.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.