Richard Dunne retires

Yes good luck to Dunnie, a good servant to the club through some difficult times when we were struggling against relegation.
And also being part of the best defensive record outside the top four a couple of times in 8th-12th placed finishes. People forget that things weren't always bad before the takeover, sometimes they were pretty good considering what else we'd been through.

Signed for us when we were shit. Fought against relegation as leader and captain. Was numerous times our player of the season. Didn't fuss when the team had risen above his level, moved on with dignity. Legend.

You've earned your rest Mr. Dunne. Enjoy.

I Loved the Dunnie Monster
Loved his passion, courage and commitment...
I think we took his won goals in our stride ...

The moment I remember would be maybe 2005 (?) v West Brom... we are holding out against West Brom, in the final minutes ...

They send a long ball forward for Earnshaw, who is pursuing it like a man possessed...

I'm in the front row of the Family (N) Stand straight behind the goal, with my lad , who is 7 yrs old (and getting flak from the glory hunting plastics at his primary school)

..... long ball fizzes over the WBA attackers and lands plum on Dunnie's boot top... from where it ricochets past his own keeper (David James, I think ???) into our net.

My little lad rips off his City hat and , dashing it to the ground, wails.... "I hate this club !!"....

Immediatley an old boy, probably in his 70s, leans over to him and intones.... "Now yer a proper City fan, lad!".....

That 7 year old, stuck with us and is now an ST holder...

Dunney... you re a proper man !!!!!!

One of my highlight memories of him was of how we won the Joan Gampers trophy with him. Oh how times have changed from then and now.

I Loved the Dunnie Monster
Loved his passion, courage and commitment...
I think we took his won goals in our stride ...

The moment I remember would be maybe 2005 (?) v West Brom... we are holding out against West Brom, in the final minutes ...

They send a long ball forward for Earnshaw, who is pursuing it like a man possessed...

I'm in the front row of the Family (N) Stand straight behind the goal, with my lad , who is 7 yrs old (and getting flak from the glory hunting plastics at his primary school)

..... long ball fizzes over the WBA attackers and lands plum on Dunnie's boot top... from where it ricochets past his own keeper (David James, I think ???) into our net.

My little lad rips off his City hat and , dashing it to the ground, wails.... "I hate this club !!"....

Immediatley an old boy, probably in his 70s, leans over to him and intones.... "Now yer a proper City fan, lad!".....

That 7 year old, stuck with us and is now an ST holder...

Dunney... you re a proper man !!!!!!

Great story which most of us who have been City fans for a while can relate to.

Tremendous player okay when there were other options he sometimes chose the wrong one but when he ran back up the tunnel every ounce of effort had been left out there on the pitch a real grafter and our rock during some of our darkest times he'll always be treated with respect and given a warm welcome at City and I wish him every success in whichever path his career takes whether within football or otherwise you've always been a blue whatever shirt you wore big man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.