Richard Dunne retires

Absolutely love Dunnie, he's up there with Shauny Wright, Goater, Dickov, Rosler, Kinky for me as one of the favourites of my time. Big, strong, quick and total commitment every game, his ability on the ball and leadership were massively underrated by everyone outside City.

Great piece, Mooney.

As others have said, most of the own goals were due to the fact that Dunnie was the last line of defence and was desperately trying to keep the ball out of the net.

However, a poor player doesn't make 300 appearances and win PotY for four successive season for one club and Richard Dunne was far from a poor player.

If it's true that he is looking for another club, I wish him all the success in the world.

I'd just like to echo some of the things said on here. For me Richard Dunne was a hero for the team and club. He symbolised the battling attitude in and against adversity. Gave evereything in every game. Richly deserved the Player of the Year award for the 4 years.

Glad we sung for him in the QPR games.

Wish him all the very best for the future.

Without him and Distin's partnership we'd have likely been relegated between 2004-07, changing the course of history for us and dare I say English football as a whole.

Superb fella and very good player.

He gave his all, and prevented so many goals - sadly sometimes at the expense of own goals when other players gave in.
He was a brick outhouse. A fully fit, young Dunney would walk into the squad now. A proper blue legend.

As someone wrote earlier, he could easily have gone down a different path but showed his true character by turning his life and career around and became an integral part in keeping our club in the premier league at a time when we were generally garbage. Without him and a few others, we may never have been bought by SM and all that followed would have been a pipedream. Cheers Dunney, good luck mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.