Richards and Dunne

PaulC1979

Last season they were up there as one of the best central defensive partnerships. Yes, I know Dunne has always made the odd mistake, but this season it must be at least 1 per game! Richards used to be fast and you'd rarely see anyone out battle him, especially in the air. He was always suspect positionally, but as a young player you'd hope he'd gain this better from experience. But this season his career has gone backwards so fast I'd be surprised if he could get in my local pub side.

Today alone we had Dunne missing a simple sideways pass to him that would have been punished by any half decent striker. We had Richards 5 yards in front of Bendner when he scored. At one point we had a 2 v 2 (where the WBA player curled it wide) where Richards tried to come and mark Dunne's man and leaves his totally unmarked and they both dropped right off allowing the strikers to do what they wanted. You wouldn't see a schoolboy team allowed to get away with clumsy, useless and clueless defending like this.

WTF is going on with these two. It is not like either has always been rubbish.

im dunnes biggest critic but i think without him we'd completely fall apart just like we did at santander. richards is a good athlete but not a footballer and i think theyve suffered as a partnership this year because they dont seem to talk to eachtoher at all and there confidence seems gone.

drop richards and dunne

instead of slating hughes lets slate the real people responsible micha i cant defend corners in the 90th min richards and richard i cant defend full stop dunne 2 sacks of shit that hughes has had to inherit when there replaced we might see a difference im not saying hughes is not to blame for some things but the above 2 mentioned heaps of shit have cost city more points this season than hughes ever will, how either of them ever wears a city top again ill never know and i wouldnt let dunne captain a pub team get rid of them and u might see robihino and elano try abit more
why should they bother when they know at some stage the two defenders will fuck it up any way

The suggestion that Richards is spending too much time in the gym at the expense of his pace and agility is a pretty clearcut one.

Question is, why has this been allowed to happen?

Dunne is by far our best centre-half. One of our problems today was the alarming cavalier approach at the end. I was happy for a point-it was suicidal everyone streaming forward.

bert38 said:
Dunne is by far our best centre-half. One of our problems today was the alarming cavalier approach at the end. I was happy for a point-it was suicidal everyone streaming forward.

Sad.

Brucie Bonus said:
bert38 said:

Sad.

But true, although I would like to see Nedum get his chance.

i would of settled for a draw simply because i couldnt see us goin on to score with shite like benjani and vassell upfront and to not concede for once would of been good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.