Rick Holden

Colin_Bell said:
happychappy said:
Absolute shite, though went wild when he scored the winner in extra time in the league cup v Bristol rovers at bath, same night the announcer called Gary flitcroft 'Gary flipflop' as he came on as sub

Great night that was and a win 2-1 after extra time, I recall the Rovers fans singing "Where's your caravan" to our Tricky Ricky before he hit the winner !!

He could cross a ball so you could see why Reid wanted him in the side with Quinny up front only Rick was never fast enough to get into a decent position although think I remember him sticking one on a plate for Quinn against the Rags in a 1-1 Derby game at Maine Road.

Also remember Holden running into a full pelt Terry Phelan in front of the Kippax in 0-1 defeat to Chelsea, Pretty sure Mick Hartford got the winner.
Haha, I was at that game. Remenber loads of blues outside the chippy at Twerton Park almost celebrating with the intensity of a goal when it emerged that a southern chippy did gravy.
Wasn't it the only goal he ever scored for us?

LongsightM13 said:
Colin_Bell said:
happychappy said:
Absolute shite, though went wild when he scored the winner in extra time in the league cup v Bristol rovers at bath, same night the announcer called Gary flitcroft 'Gary flipflop' as he came on as sub

Great night that was and a win 2-1 after extra time, I recall the Rovers fans singing "Where's your caravan" to our Tricky Ricky before he hit the winner !!

He could cross a ball so you could see why Reid wanted him in the side with Quinny up front only Rick was never fast enough to get into a decent position although think I remember him sticking one on a plate for Quinn against the Rags in a 1-1 Derby game at Maine Road.

Also remember Holden running into a full pelt Terry Phelan in front of the Kippax in 0-1 defeat to Chelsea, Pretty sure Mick Hartford got the winner.
Haha, I was at that game. Remenber loads of blues outside the chippy at Twerton Park almost celebrating with the intensity of a goal when it emerged that a southern chippy did gravy.
Wasn't it the only goal he ever scored for us?
I, sorry he scored against Palace at home. Jumped on the fence of the kippax like he'd scored the goal that won us the league

Colin_Bell said:
happychappy said:

Yeh great away day and the gasheads were good humoured, think they were singing "where's your caravan" to Terry Phelan for looking like a gypo, Phelan was getting well wound up by it

Colin_Bell said:

Wasn't it Townsend? I remember a match at Maine Road about that time. They got a late freekick which struck the wall. I remember the Kippax, which I was in, jeering and then they scored a second later from the rebound. Much disappointment...

Anyone remember Alan Kernaghan's freak goal? I think it was meant as a clearance but he ended up scoring for us. Can't remember who we were playing.

adders junior said:
Anyone remember Alan Kernaghan's freak goal? I think it was meant as a clearance but he ended up scoring for us. Can't remember who we were playing.

It was Leicester in the FA Cup - we scored at least five that day and, I think, that Norwegian striker we had scored a hattrick

Goatfacekillah said:
adders junior said:

It was Leicester in the FA Cup - we scored at least five that day and, I think, that Norwegian striker we had scored a hattrick
Kare Ingerbritsen

happychappy said:
Goatfacekillah said:
adders junior said:

Kare Ingerbritsen
Thanks for refreshing my memory. Yep the entire Kippax cheered and just laughed at that goal which if I remember was a (kind of) over head kick/clearance. Happy memories

happychappy said:
Goatfacekillah said:
adders junior said:

Kare Ingerbritsen

That's the one! Those were the days when a foreign player was something quite exotic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.