Righteous Fool

Re: Ferguson comments re Atkinson

hertsblue said:
Surprise Surprise

Utd lose and ferguson moans about the ref saying he cost them the game and qoute "he refs every week" questioning his competance.

1) How he can say the ref was only 5 yards away and didnt send off Luiz (tbh he should off) less than a few days after the Rooney incident and keep a straight face is bafta award wiining acting.

2) His comments with the ref and "he refs every week" should hit him with a FA fine. Ive seen Coyle and others get hit with fines for less but again wont hold my breath.

That said, Atkinson was poor last night, for both teams. Lets alot of diving go unpunished for one

And yet this was the very ref who officiated in 'TheGreatestDerbyEver'. I take great delight that no matter whether MANUre win, lose or draw, it brings Fergusnot's demise one game nearer.

Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson said he "feared the worst" when Martin Atkinson was chosen to referee his side's 2-1 defeat by Chelsea.

United lost to a controversial 80th-minute Frank Lampard penalty, given when Yuri Zhirkov was brought down by defender Chris Smalling.

"You want a fair referee - or a strong referee, anyway - and we didn't get that," said Ferguson.

"When I saw who the referee was I did fear it. I feared the worst."

Ferguson was also incensed when central defender David Luiz was not shown a second yellow card for tripping striker Wayne Rooney on the edge of the Chelsea box.

Instead, Atkinson waved play to continue as Chelsea surged up the pitch before the Yorkshire official pointed to the penalty spot when substitute Zhirkov tumbled to the ground under Smalling's challenge.

"It was incredible. Even before that he [Luiz] had done Chicharito [Javier Hernandez] off the ball," said Ferguson.

"He'd done him late. Nothing done, the referee's in front of it.

"He does Rooney clear as day, [the referee is] six yards from it, he doesn't do anything. That changed the game.

"These are decisions that change the game. And he's going to be refereeing every week."

Atkinson refereed the corresponding fixture at Stamford Bridge last season and was criticised by Ferguson for awarding a free-kick which the Scot believed should never have been given, allowing John Terry to score the winner in a 1-0 victory.

"That's three years in a row now. It's hard to take," added Ferguson.

"The Luiz foul was six yards in front of the referee, maybe eight if we give him the benefit of the doubt, no obstructions whatsoever.

"I don't know how he [Luiz] stayed on the pitch. And the penalty was very soft. In actual fact, Chris has taken the ball and the player's left his leg in. Very soft. Amazing."

The usual deaf ear from the FA then.

We all know whats going to happen. United lose to refereeing decision. Baconface has his usual hypocritical rant. You just know next game, United will get a dodgy penalty, or the opposition will get a player sent off for nothing, or some other crap like that.

Unknown_Genius said:
Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson said he "feared the worst" when Martin Atkinson was chosen to referee his side's 2-1 defeat by Chelsea.

United lost to a controversial 80th-minute Frank Lampard penalty, given when Yuri Zhirkov was brought down by defender Chris Smalling.

"You want a fair referee - or a strong referee, anyway - and we didn't get that," said Ferguson.

"When I saw who the referee was I did fear it. I feared the worst."

Ferguson was also incensed when central defender David Luiz was not shown a second yellow card for tripping striker Wayne Rooney on the edge of the Chelsea box.

Instead, Atkinson waved play to continue as Chelsea surged up the pitch before the Yorkshire official pointed to the penalty spot when substitute Zhirkov tumbled to the ground under Smalling's challenge.

"It was incredible. Even before that he [Luiz] had done Chicharito [Javier Hernandez] off the ball," said Ferguson.

"He'd done him late. Nothing done, the referee's in front of it.

"He does Rooney clear as day, [the referee is] six yards from it, he doesn't do anything. That changed the game.

"These are decisions that change the game. And he's going to be refereeing every week."

Atkinson refereed the corresponding fixture at Stamford Bridge last season and was criticised by Ferguson for awarding a free-kick which the Scot believed should never have been given, allowing John Terry to score the winner in a 1-0 victory.

"That's three years in a row now. It's hard to take," added Ferguson.

"The Luiz foul was six yards in front of the referee, maybe eight if we give him the benefit of the doubt, no obstructions whatsoever.

"I don't know how he [Luiz] stayed on the pitch. And the penalty was very soft. In actual fact, Chris has taken the ball and the player's left his leg in. Very soft. Amazing."

The usual deaf ear from the FA then.

We all know whats going to happen. United lose to refereeing decision. Baconface has his usual hypocritical rant. You just know next game, United will get a dodgy penalty, or the opposition will get a player sent off for nothing, or some other crap like that.
correct and spot on

Just sent this to The FA

Dear Sir,

As you are probably aware, last night we saw Chelsea beat Manchester United quite convincingly, which i'm sure you'll agree was a great advert for the Premier League itself. Flowing football at times, and an attacking feel to the game which has been lacking in recent years.

Then this morning i read the follwing - <a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/9411182.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 411182.stm</a>

For me, and from reading football forums this morning, Sir Alex' comments seem to have tarnished what was a fabulous game, and he has questioned the standard of refereeing. We have seen many managers disciplined before by the FA for this sort of behaviour and underminding officials.

I also believe Sir Alex may have forgot how favourable decisions have been to him in the past with Martin Atkinson in charge.

Earlier this season, away at Everton, United had a corner with about 30 seconds of injury time remaining, Everton broke from the corner which led to them having a 3 on 1 situation and the possibility of Everton taking all 3 points. Martin Atkinson blows the whistle a few seconds early and United gain a point when they could have lost had the ref allowed the attack to finish.

2008/09 season, United vs City at Old Trafford. City scored in the final seconds of normal time, and bring the score to 3-3. The board for added time goes up and it reads 4 minutes. 7 minutes later, Michael Owen scores and United win 4-3, again Martin Atkinson was the ref.

I would also like to point you in the direction of The FA's very own respect campaign <a class="postlink" href="http://www.thefa.com/leagues/respect" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thefa.com/leagues/respect</a> where it says in the code of conduct and i quote
a. "I will:

* Show respect to others involved in the game including match officials, opposition players, coaches, managers, officials and spectators

b. Display and promote high standards of behaviour

c. Always respect the match officials' decisions

d. Never engage in public criticsm of the match officials

Obviously Sir Alex has broken four rules of the FA's code of conduct for the respect campiagn and i urge the FA not to be as soft as they were over the Rooney incident and actually show the country and its football fans the the FA is an impartial organisation without any outside influences and isn't run by a football club that seems to think itself bigger than the Football Association itself

Thank you for your time

R Ireland

A truely horrible **** of a human being
if ever a manager was suited to that shithole
of a club it`s that pissstained wanker

Ricster said:
Just sent this to The FA

Dear Sir,

As you are probably aware, last night we saw Chelsea beat Manchester United quite convincingly, which i'm sure you'll agree was a great advert for the Premier League itself. Flowing football at times, and an attacking feel to the game which has been lacking in recent years.

Then this morning i read the follwing - <a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/9411182.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 411182.stm</a>

For me, and from reading football forums this morning, Sir Alex' comments seem to have tarnished what was a fabulous game, and he has questioned the standard of refereeing. We have seen many managers disciplined before by the FA for this sort of behaviour and underminding officials.

I also believe Sir Alex may have forgot how favourable decisions have been to him in the past with Martin Atkinson in charge.

Earlier this season, away at Everton, United had a corner with about 30 seconds of injury time remaining, Everton broke from the corner which led to them having a 3 on 1 situation and the possibility of Everton taking all 3 points. Martin Atkinson blows the whistle a few seconds early and United gain a point when they could have lost had the ref allowed the attack to finish.

2008/09 season, United vs City at Old Trafford. City scored in the final seconds of normal time, and bring the score to 3-3. The board for added time goes up and it reads 4 minutes. 7 minutes later, Michael Owen scores and United win 4-3, again Martin Atkinson was the ref.

I would also like to point you in the direction of The FA's very own respect campaign <a class="postlink" href="http://www.thefa.com/leagues/respect" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thefa.com/leagues/respect</a> where it says in the code of conduct and i quote
a. "I will:

* Show respect to others involved in the game including match officials, opposition players, coaches, managers, officials and spectators

b. Display and promote high standards of behaviour

c. Always respect the match officials' decisions

d. Never engage in public criticsm of the match officials

Obviously Sir Alex has broken four rules of the FA's code of conduct for the respect campiagn and i urge the FA not to be as soft as they were over the Rooney incident and actually show the country and its football fans the the FA is an impartial organisation without any outside influences and isn't run by a football club that seems to think itself bigger than the Football Association itself

Thank you for your time

R Ireland

Are you serious?

Let's not kid oursleves, Taggart is far from deluded. He knows exactly what he's doing and how to play his petty mind games. He has publicly declared that Clattenburg came out of the Wigan incident with credit, while the whole world can see the opposite is true, but he's ensured he's got him on board for next time he refs the scum. Slating the ref as he does after games, as he did last night (without justification other than the Luiz incident), he's sending a warning to whoever is down to ref them next.

He's an obnoxious, two faced, deceiptful, hypocritical bully. But not deluded.

We can laugh all we fucking want,, this **** with the aide of his sidekick Gill at the FA will make sure that Atkinson doesn't do a scum game any time soon and yet again, he cleverly reminds every other ref in the league exactly what they can expect if they don't play by the script.

How the **** gets away with it week in week out is beyond me.

I really shouldn't watch shit like that, it does nothing but piss me off. United could punch a player in the face and knock him off the ball in the area and baconface would woman about the penalty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.