RIP Ken Dodd

Well, Tears for souvenirs are what he's left us with - tears of laughter over the years.
Tatty bye Doddy, Tatty bye!
R.I.P Ken - true legend.

I remember meeting him in the very early 60s, Mum and Dad had taken myself and my sister on holiday to Blackpool, my sister was sat making sandcastles with her bucket and spade when Ken Dodd came walking up with a nice looking girl and a photographer and asked if he could borrow her bucket and spade, he was working on the pier and wanted some promo pics, after they had got the pictures he said stand under the pier and I will throw something down for you, he threw about 20 sticks of Blackpool Rock down, I saw him about 30 years later in Skegness, there was only one other person made me laugh more than Ken Dodd and that was Norman Wisdom.

I think it was simply the third best selling single of all time in the UK at one point.
Yes, it probably must have been.

Have to admit, even though I'd heard of it and thought I'd recognise it, just listened to it and didn't. Not my cup of tea, though.

got married to his childhood sweetheart in a private ceremony at home on friday. was a great comedian and his shows went on for hours and hours

Childhood sweetheart, they had been together for fourty years granted but Dodd was in his 90's ! Was he back classed ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.