RIP Rodney Bewes - likely lad

Incredibly sad news - Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads is a buddy comedy from a golden age - only today I heard an advert on BBC R4 Extra saying they were re-running a radio show not heard since its original broadcast in the 80's starring Rodney Bewes to mark his 80'th birthday. Poor sod never made it. One of the great characters from TV and a genuinely nice guy - so sad Bolam never reconciled the rift. RIP Rodney Bewes you will be sadly missed.

He was Bob Karen - Incredibly sad news - Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads is a buddy comedy from a golden age - only today I heard an advert on BBC R4 Extra saying they were re-running a radio show not heard since its original broadcast in the 80's starring Rodney Bewes to mark his 80'th birthday. Poor sod never made it. Looks like they need to reword their ad and make it a tribute. One of the great characters from TV and a genuinely nice guy - so sad Bolam never reconciled the rift. RIP Rodney Bewes you will be sadly missed.

Last edited:
Which one was he,i'm crap with names
The one on the left, Kaz.
th

RIP Bob.

Most people will only remember him from The Likely Lads, yet that was hardly ever aired for nearly 30 years, meaning that Bewes missed out on substantial royalties. I remember reading that Bewes and Bolam fell out, with the latter accused of having prevented the BBC from airing the repeats. Imagine Bewes sitting on a Saturday night watching the same episodes of Dad's Army being shown time and time again on the BBC. Ouch.

Most people will only remember him from The Likely Lads, yet that was hardly ever aired for nearly 30 years, meaning that Bewes missed out on substantial royalties. I remember reading that Bewes and Bolam fell out, with the latter accused of having prevented the BBC from airing the repeats. Imagine Bewes sitting on a Saturday night watching the same episodes of Dad's Army being shown time and time again on the BBC. Ouch.

I believe Bewes revealed in a paper interview that Bolam's partner was pregnant before they were prepared for or happy for the wider world to know - as a result he blocked the repeats and fell out with Bewes big time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.