Rival supporters enjoying our football

There were quite a few stoke fans applauding KDB when he was subbed yesterday

I noticed that too. And quite a few were clapping when the third goal went in.
There's always a few knobs who won't ever admit to enjoying another team but most fans would begrudgingly appreciate it when their team gets a deserved spanking if the opposition play the football like we currently play.

Currently in hols in Tenerife & spoke to a few Arsenal Chelsea & Palace fans yesterday. Each to a man thought we were on the cusp of being a great team. The only one who didn't was, as you might expect, a cockney red.
He said in hearing of all his mates "you're not that good, come back when you've won more than 2 league titles without the help of Arab money"
I didn't have to relpy as his mates (obviously more knowledgeable than this fuckwit) told him we'd won things before his beloved reds.
He got into an argument with his mates & left in a huff after they all told him, in no uncertain terms, to go home.
Gave him a little wave as he walked passed me.
The others felt the need to apologise after he'd gone. No need I tell them but it turns out he does this everytime he has a pint & football comes up.
Made me chuckle ,cheers for posting.

I've got mates who support Wigan, Bolton and Everton, who all enjoy watching us play and think we'll win the league whilst breaking records along the way.

Couple of mates who are united fans don't admit it but you can tell they fear this city side. As the weeks go on then start to come round to how good this side is. Was with them on Saturday and when one was saying "its only 8 games lets see in December", another replied before I had chance with, "They've just scored 7 FFS!". Seems some are learning faster than others.

I've got mates who support Wigan, Bolton and Everton, who all enjoy watching us play and think we'll win the league whilst breaking records along the way.

Couple of mates who are united fans don't admit it but you can tell they fear this city side. As the weeks go on then start to come round to how good this side is. Was with them on Saturday and when one was saying "its only 8 games lets see in December", another replied before I had chance with, "They've just scored 7 FFS!". Seems some are learning faster than others.
I've had one on the rack since this morning. Yesterday was the first time in decades I've watched ManUre play when it wasn't versus City, so I've been trying to get a straight answer to 'Are you happy to see ManUre play anti-football tactics against their direct rivals & arrive playing for a draw'?

The best I've got out of him so far is 'I'm satisfied with yesterday's display, as we'll do them at Old Toilet.' This is how desperate the mighty are! Win at any cost & by any means necessary.

I've had one on the rack since this morning. Yesterday was the first time in decades I've watched ManUre play when it wasn't versus City, so I've been trying to get a straight answer to 'Are you happy to see ManUre play anti-football tactics against their direct rivals & arrive playing for a draw'?

The best I've got out of him so far is 'I'm satisfied with yesterday's display, as we'll do them at Old Toilet.' This is how desperate the mighty are! Win at any cost & by any means necessary.

It seems that most of them fail to see the obvious, which Martin Samuel said on Sunday Supplement, "City are redefining what a good result is". If city had lost or even drawn away at Chelsea a last time out then a draw at Anfield would have been seen as a good result but that's not what happened. City went there and played the last seasons champions off the pitch and came away with three points and everyone eulogising over what was one of the best performances in the last 5 to 10 years in the premier league. Yesterday afternoon was their right of reply. Well its fair to say their reply was one of apathy. They sat and defended for 90 minutes and then when Mourinho was questioned chose to use the lack of Pogba and Fellaini for the complete impotence of their attacking play. Its a shame that the journalists in the press conference didn't put to him that city put on their enthralling display the week before without three players in, Mendy, Kompany and Aguero who are guaranteed starters.

There's only been eight games played so far in the league but we're almost a quarter of the way through the season now. I wonder how many games it'll be before they wake up and smell the coffee at the swamp. My guess it'll get into January and we'll still be hearing the same old shit of "wait till you hit a bad patch" or "wait till you get a few injuries" or my more recent favourite, "you should be hammering teams with all the money you've spent".

I never get the love-in for any team except your own. Couldn’t give a flying fuck for Barca, Brazil or any other team. Ever. City, and only City.

Other fans seem to enjoy how we play, whereas the media always mention what we have spent. They seem to forget that De Bruyne, Silva, Aguero, Yaya, Jesus and Sane cost about the same in total as Pogba and Lukaku
I was reading comments by stoke fans in one of their local papers and don't think any of them were full of praise for us. Most of them were questioning Hughes' managerial ability and every single one of them mentioned the amount of money we had spent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.