Rob Beasley

stony

That bald sneering twat from The Sun has a truly horrendous article out today. This a man who makes his living out of football. What a snivelling, odious turd he is.

How vile... football is back

AFTER the Greatest Show on Earth, this!
Our national sport deflating the nation’s feelgood factor faster than it takes Usain Bolt to win gold.
Football is back – and don’t we know it.

After a fortnight gorging ourselves on the inspirational performances of Olympic heroes from near and far, we were all revelling in how uplifting and joyful sport can be

You had that sad, sinking feeling even before kick-off.
Empty seats for the European champions v the Premier League champions.
And not even at Wembley. They couldn’t even fill Villa Park!
That’s something we barely saw at the Olympic Stadium, Eton Dorney or out at Greenwich Park.
And we were not subjected to grown men leaping to their feet to hurl abuse and insults at competitors either.
Or singing vile, X-rated songs at the top of their voices with women and children watching on as if it was perfectly normal behaviour.
And that was just in the stands.
On the pitch, you hoped a triumphant Olympics had inspired a generation of footballers with a reputation for being over-paid, pampered and precious.
It hadn’t.
Normal service was resumed as early as the fifth minute when Nigel De Jong — who else? — clattered Frank Lampard, quickly followed by Eden Hazard diving over an imagined challenge from Yaya Toure.
David Luiz fouled Sergio Aguero, Stefan Savic was booked for a hatchet job from behind on Hazard and then good old Carlos Tevez was back to his best, deserving a gold medal for “simulating” a foul.
Mind you it took fully 22 minutes for Ashley Cole to blot his copy book, berating referee Kevin “Nobody’s” Friend over the award of a throw-in to City — in a friendly.
But the piece de resistance was still to come just before the break.
By break, I mean half-time — although Branislav Ivanovic might have had something else in mind when he lunged in with two feet, studs raised, on City defender Aleksandar Kolarov.
His reward? The first straight red card of the season.
And when even goody two-shoes Lampard was booked on the cusp of half-time, you know all hope was gone.
Boos rang out at the interval, players bickered as they came off and they were all still pumped on the restart.
Vincent Kompany and David Luiz were both booked in quick succession to more jeers and derision... and so it continued.
It ended up with a Ramires block on David Silva, which could have been a second yellow and Chelsea reduced to nine.
How depressing.
When does the paralympics start?

What do they say about biting the hand that feeds you ? What a snivelling shit of a man.

I read it before in disbelief. He always comes across as a nasty, bitter twonk anyway

Agreed it's over the top but the bottom line is don't read the Sun........Simples!

He's right though because there were obviously zero fouls and bad blood between any of the players in any of the hockey, basketball, handball, and football games. Not to mention the boxing referee who was sent packing for taking a bung; or the Chinese badminton players who were disqualified in disgrace for purposefully and continually playing losing shots; or the female fencer who refused to budge for 45 minutes after losing etc.

There were plenty of empty seats at the Olympics. The press talked of little else in the first three days of the games.

One of my pet hates is faux indignation. If he doesn't like it then I'm happy to take his place as a highly paid football writer. My words of wisdom deserve a wider audience.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.