Robbie Savage

I switched on the radio & Kelly whatever was talking about the comparison between the Olympics & footballers & Savage said : ' I sacrificed myself for sixteen years'.

Straight up, he really said it.

I wonder how many other talentless clueless cunts feel the same, both players & coaches
So let me get this straight, he didn't mention Mark Hughes?

Normally cant abide him, and still cant really, but, I also heard him on 5 live tonight talking about what footballers can learn from Olympians and I thought his answer was a refreshingly honest one tbh, certainly not towing the BBC Olympic 'party line'.
He was saying footballers are under intense scrutiny maybe 40+ times over 9 months every year, whereas Olympians its often much less. Also that, basically, heroically not winning is still celebrated for Olympians, but for footballers every failure/mistake/failure to win often leads to severe criticism from media/supporters.
Kelly Cates tried to say yeah but what about the pay footballers get - as if that makes a difference when you're on the pitch, about to take a penalty etc.

He was on less firm ground about 16 years of sacrifice though, I agree on that! I'm sure he didn't touch a drop for his whole career

He sacrificed a lot in his career, fast cars, women, millions of quid in his bank, luckily he didn't work in a factory 40 hours a week or he would have had it too easy

So let me get this straight, he didn't mention Mark Hughes?

I only heard the bit about the olympics & his 'sacrifices'. Probably said it earlier.

Normally cant abide him, and still cant really, but, I also heard him on 5 live tonight talking about what footballers can learn from Olympians and I thought his answer was a refreshingly honest one tbh, certainly not towing the BBC Olympic 'party line'.
He was saying footballers are under intense scrutiny maybe 40+ times over 9 months every year, whereas Olympians its often much less. Also that, basically, heroically not winning is still celebrated for Olympians, but for footballers every failure/mistake/failure to win often leads to severe criticism from media/supporters.
Kelly Cates tried to say yeah but what about the pay footballers get - as if that makes a difference when you're on the pitch, about to take a penalty etc.

He was on less firm ground about 16 years of sacrifice though, I agree on that! I'm sure he didn't touch a drop for his whole career

Imo he was just telling us how 'tough' it is for these overpaid, ass kissed, celebrities to turn in their often mediocre performances as opposed to getting up at 4 in the morning to swim 20 miles before breakfast.

As for his comments about 'sacrifice' we are talking here about a bloke who, if he was an Olympian, competing with other individuals in the same sport, just to even qualify , would be finishing about 2,000 places behind Eddie the fucking Eagle.

Last edited:
Refreshing to hear Savage not join the hystecical Team GB bandwagon.
All this sacrifice bollox that the Clare Balding Broadcasting Corporation kept going on about throughout the medal jizathon, obviously highlighted by showing music clips of an athlete getting up early and doing a plank. What did they sacrifice - getting pissed, 24 hrs a day on social media , going to burger king? It's hard work yes, but who wouldn't jump at the opportunity instead of doing 2 or 3 jobs to feed and clothe a family.
Well done Team GB! Don't get me wrong - some incredibly worthy medals in there - some a bit less so - but the beeb has definitely gone overbaord and made it more of a celeb based event. They certainly won't be short of bakers and chefs and dancers for the next four years. Nice feel good few weeks but keep a perspective.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.