Roberto Di Matteo, a bit of a shock?

yaba daba BLUUUUUE

only a young manager, and I think it was a shock to all that Chelsea achieved what they did last year. Especially after the Charity Shield, was expecting/hoping they may begin to fall apart.

I know it's early days, but Chelsea are looking awesome. Looks like he's more of the manager than anyone expected him to be [even Chelsea, took some time for them to actually hire him.]

So what do people predict? Is he lucky to have such a long honeymoon period, or is he going to keep this up?

Right !? I have actually been looking for articles about that. I feel he is really underrated so far. Last year he won the Champions league and FA CUp by great man management and it seemed like he was riding his luck. However this year with the old school players out and the younger creative players in they are playing great football immediately and are really looking good. Plus his tactics every game so far are spot on. He really looks like the real deal but yeah it's still early days.

yaba daba BLUUUUUE said:
only a young manager, and I think it was a shock to all that Chelsea achieved what they did last year. Especially after the Charity Shield, was expecting/hoping they may begin to fall apart.

I know it's early days, but Chelsea are looking awesome. Looks like he's more of the manager that anyone expected him to be [even Chelsea, took some time for them to actually hire him.]

So what did people predict? Is he lucky to have such a long honeymoon period, or is he going to keep this up?

The problem is not just keeping it up but convincing Abramovich to stick with him, he could win the league and both cups this year but unless he gets Chelsea dominating domestically and in Europe like Barca in style then Abramovich might act like a spoilt kid out during the January sales and decide he wants the new shinier looking limited edition Pep Guardiola.

I just wonder exactly what he has to accomplish before people start actually rating him as a manager.

Did well at mk dons and wet brom. I was surprised that he was only assistant manager at Chelsea before he took over. He is doing a great job.

I think Di-Matteo is a pretty good manager. He started of well with West Brom, maybe unlucky to lose his job there. And he seems to have united the Chelsea squad. However I think he is fortunate to be at Chelsea, when the owner has finally realised the squad need freshening up. And I dont for one minute suspect Di-Matteo had anything to do with Hazard and Oscar coming in either.
If Chelse'a form dips, or Guardiola is still free next summer, I think Di-Matteo will be sacked.

Lomas has a lob on said:
I think Di-Matteo is a pretty good manager. He started of well with West Brom, maybe unlucky to lose his job there. And he seems to have united the Chelsea squad. However I think he is fortunate to be at Chelsea, when the owner has finally realised the squad need freshening up. And I dont for one minute suspect Di-Matteo had anything to do with Hazard and Oscar coming in either.
If Chelse'a form dips, or Guardiola is still free next summer, I think Di-Matteo will be sacked.

and he will only have a year left on his contract so he would be much to sack than others.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.