Roberto Mancini - next Italy manager

Petrusha - thanks for these updates! It is interesting to see how RM is getting along obviously but also to hear about the Russian league in general. I think in the past BeIn Sports carried those matches and that should be watchable in one form or another in a lot of the world if still true.

Thanks from me as well.

It's great to see Bobby doing so well.

Thanks, everyone. Am following Roberto with interest so happy to post updates on how he's getting on if other Blues are also interested.

Anyway, here's Mancini's tweeted verdict on last night:

EDIT: Meanwhile, Javi Garcia's exit confirmed (his season with Bobby at MCFC doesn't seem to have swayed the Italian in the player's favour):

Oh, and the crowd last night was 45,470 against opponents whio aren't especially a great draw. To put that in context, Spartak (traditionally Russia's best-supported club) drew 26K in a stadium that holds 45K for their midweek home game. CSKA drew 24K for the derby against Spartak on Saturday. Krasnodar, a well-supported provincial team, drew 17K for their match on Sunday. And barely 8K watched Lokomotiv go down at home to Tosno.

There's always been big potential at Zenit, but for years they were crap and then they had a small ground. If Mancini keeps up what he's done so far, he could take them to another level as a club.

Last edited:
Are you sure?

Yes.

Roberto had his time at City and though I loved the way he brought a winning mentality to the club, he was too much of an abrasive character for the hierarchy and will not be back as manager of Manchester City.

Besides, there's a saying in football: you should never go back.

Yes.

Roberto had his time at City and though I loved the way he brought a winning mentality to the club, he was too much of an abrasive character for the hierarchy and will not be back as manager of Manchester City.

Going to change your username to "crusher of dreams" now?

Yes.

+1

Well said - this sums up Mancini in a nutshell.

And yet - I think that Mancini's ire was warranted in his last year - he pleaded with management for an improved squad - he met with Milan and seemed to be in preliminary negotiations to sign Ibra and Silva (just think, had that deal gone through we'd have, Silva, Silva and Silva, LOL).

Mancini was ignored - and we made a bunch of pro-forma signings, none of which Mancini wanted, and then we failed to perform.

While this was going on, upper management didn't have Mancini's back - Tevez got away with murder - for one - and there's rumor that the rest of the squad quickly lost respect for Bobbi.
===========
So Bobbi fell out with management - and was fired. But in spite of these circumstances, Bobbi to this day remains supportive of our club.

I really do like Mancini - he's the best manager we've had recently until the arrival of Pep.

Can't offer any detail as I just got home from work and the match finished well over an hour ago, but Utrecht beat Zenit 1-0 in Holland in the first leg of the Europa League play off with the goal coming 15 minutes from time. Zenit are well capable still of going through, but they've made life harder for themselves by not getting an away goal.

It would probably help them in terms of their title chances to get knocked out. However, I think the club's executives really want them to progress as far as they possibly can, so I presume Roberto will have the best available side out next week for the return.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.