Roberto Mancini - next Italy manager

I still believe Mancini did what had to be done to drag the club up and install a winning mentality.
As much as I've criticised Mancini, this is correct. He took us up the level we needed to be successful domestically. I suspect there is an element of sour grapes in what Given says but there's a very large element of truth as well. Mancini was an abrasive character who didn't believe in the 'arm round the shoulder' approach. Given's comments about his approach to injured players also rings true as Mancini fell out with and sacked Dr Batty. Batty stood up to him over injured players and it's almost certainly no coincidence that we had our best ever injury record while Dr Batty was here.

That continually abrasive and confrontational approach doesn't lend itself to longevity. It works for whipping under-performing squads into shape but you need more than that to deliver longer term success. But whipping the squad into shape was what we needed in 2010 and that's what he did.

Damn I loved the Mancini days. Getting all nostalgic here. Right man at the right time. The end.

Probably the first Manager who maybe didn't rate him as much as the other managers, sour grapes?

I have never heard a player who wasn't fancied by a manager ever hold up their hands and admit he was dropped/sold because others were better. if he fell out with literally everyone he wouldn't have lasted any time at all. Therefore Given is a liar and whatever he says can be fully disregarded as book selling bollocks.

I also don't take seriously coaching lessons from a average goalkeeper. It's seems amazing to me that a manager hated by all and had no coaching skills won anything.

So either Mancini is the luckiest bloke in the world at multiple clubs or Shay Given is talking shite.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.