Roberto Mancini - next Italy manager

it sometimes amazes me how manchini and pellers both haven't been offered a management role at a top pl club. Both would do well here

Well, yesterday, the first game of the training camp in Antalya, Turkey, ended in a 0-0 draw against Slovan Bratislava. I met a friend in the pub while the match was on, and it was showing in the background. It did look very dull indeed.

Weirdly, having played at 5 pm local time yesterday, they also arranged another match for 11 am today. This wasn't in the original schedule and was announced only 24 hours inn advance. They took on Lithuanian cup holders FC Stumbras in a game comprising two halves of 35 minutes each and won 2-0, also missing a penalty.

The return to competitive action is away to Celtic a week on Thursday in the Europa League.

In the latest game of their Turkish training camp tonight, Zenit beat Red Star Belgrade 1-0 in a game that Mancini described as the closest possible to a competitive game without actually being a competitive game. Weirdly, they've done the same thing they did a couple of days ago and are following up an evening friendly against seemingly tough opponents with another hastily arranged match the following morning. They face Vejle Boldklub of Denmark at 11 am local time on Thursday - not sure what the logic here is, but information about the result will follow on this thread.

They announced this morning that today's match had been moved to 15:30 this afternoon, though no reason was given. They played two 30-minute halves and Vejle scored in the seventh minute of each for a 2-0 win. Not quite sure what benefit Mancini and his team will have taken from the exercise, but, for whatever it's worth, it's a first defeat for them in the warm-up games for the second part of the season.

it sometimes amazes me how manchini and pellers both haven't been offered a management role at a top pl club. Both would do well here
Mancini I agree with. Tactically astute. Pellegrini was poor in my opinion given the players and resources. And yes i know we won the league and got to the champions league semi.

Bobby , despite the acrimonious fallout is a legend. The man has made his mark on our club. I hope one day he returns as a rival coach and we applaud him.

Zenit beat Slovenian side Maribor 3-1 today in the last game of the Turkish training camp. Most notable feature of the match was that, twice in two minutes in seond half injury time, Maribor had the chance to reduce the arrears from a penalty. Zenit goalkeeper Yury Lodygin saved both spot kicks.

A reminder that Zenit are in Glasgow and face their first competitve game in a couple of months this evening at Celtic in the Europa League.

It kicks off at 8.05 pm, I believe, meaning that it will end around one Moscow time. As I get up at six for work, I don't think I can be bothered to stay up for it, but good luck to him, anyway.

A reminder that Zenit are in Glasgow and face their first competitve game in a couple of months this evening at Celtic in the Europa League.

It kicks off at 8.05 pm, I believe, meaning that it will end around one Moscow time. As I get up at six for work, I don't think I can be bothered to stay up for it, but good luck to him, anyway.

Should be a decent game, might watch that later. Celtic have a few players out so Zenit might fancy their chances. Could be rusty though after the winter break.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.