Roberto Mancini - next Italy manager

Being linked with the West Ham job for next season, it would be a fabulous appointment for them if they can persuade him to join.

We all know now the fall outs etcetera behind the scenes and why he had to be moved on but Mancini will always be a legend in my and a lot of other City fan's eyes.

We were floundering around going nowhere fast with Hughes in charge. An ex rag, millions spent and no further forward really.

Mancini came in and gave us our pride back. He made us more professional, harder to beat and won us our first trophy in 35 years and our first title in 44. He promised to tear down that banner and did and rattled Ferguson like no other manager I have seen. He also gave us the 6-1.

I don't care what he has done since or will do in the future he was the right man at the right time for this club and did a great job.

Only thees. ;-)

We all know now the fall outs etcetera behind the scenes and why he had to be moved on but Mancini will always be a legend in my and a lot of other City fan's eyes.

We were floundering around going nowhere fast with Hughes in charge. An ex rag, millions spent and no further forward really.

Mancini came in and gave us our pride back. He made us more professional, harder to beat and won us our first trophy in 35 years and our first title in 44. He promised to tear down that banner and did and rattled Ferguson like no other manager I have seen. He also gave us the 6-1.

I don't care what he has done since or will do in the future he was the right man at the right time for this club and did a great job.
First time in my lifetime I felt like we had a leader at the helm who lead on merit. This man had won 4 titles in a row at Inter or something and he came in and in a very short time you could see the discipline rub off on the pitch.

failed go through group stages of ucl 2 times, his tenure not success but underachievement for me. our champions league record improved since we sacked him. none of big european clubs wanted him and he failed to win turkish and russian leagues with best teams of respective countries with galata and zenith. sustaining global dominant vision with him was almost impossible because he and his fanbase has inferiority to ferguson and local mindset rather than global. also he damaged our image with signing thug type of players like tevez, balotelli, de jong and ec. thankfully we are now more elite and global club with ferran and txiki and signing nice players like jesus, sane, bernardo, stones not thugs. i now can better notice that he was/is very similar to mourinho and both of their lovers have inferiority complex and hatred to ferguson and pep respectively. both of them works with raiola as well. both of them and their fans insults and bullies their superior rivals as "baconface" or "bald fraud".

I hate to say this but you are talking complete and utter bollocks.
Bobby won the F.A.Cup and the Premier league with us, after us winning nothing for 35 years and in the process made the scum rip down that shitty banner.
As for Champions League we had probably the hardest groups but we were on learning curve.
He shut the Govan pisscan up and gave us long standing fans some great moments.
Bobby Mancini will always be a hero to the majority of blues.
Tevez and Mario were never thugs and to be honest NDJ was hard and a bit reckless but not a thug.
I guess you are probably a newish blue by your post.
I wouldn't swap the team/ management etc we have for anybody but to insult Bobby and the players is just ridiculous.

we finished below ajax with 3 points (with 3 draws) in 2012-13 ucl group. also in 2011-12 ucl group we finished below napoli.

No City fan really bothered about the CL at that stage. The FA cup win and subsequent league title were far more important. Those 2 seasons were fantastic.

No City fan really bothered about the CL at that stage. The FA cup win and subsequent league title were far more important. Those 2 seasons were fantastic.

This City fan still couldn't give a rats arse about the Champions league and i dont think i ever will to be honest.

League, FA Cup and League Cup in that order and it always will be.

The Champions league is an absolute lottery decided by refs, cheats and whoever UEFA want to win it.

This City fan still couldn't give a rats arse about the Champions league and i dont think i ever will to be honest.

League, FA Cup and League Cup in that order and it always will be.

The Champions league is an absolute lottery decided by refs, cheats and whoever UEFA want to win it.

I’m in agreement with you mate. Never liked the competition when we weren’t in it, so not going to be an hypocrite and say I like it now; but I’d love us to win it just to shut the rest of the world up.

Mancini was very unlucky in CL. It’s unfair to beat him with that stick. Didn’t we amass 10 points in the first campaign and failed to qualify? The first time 10 points wasn’t enough.

I’m in agreement with you mate. Never liked the competition when we weren’t in it, so not going to be an hypocrite and say I like it now; but I’d love us to win it just to shut the rest of the world up.

Mancini was very unlucky in CL. It’s unfair to beat him with that stick. Didn’t we amass 10 points in the first campaign and failed to qualify? The first time 10 points wasn’t enough.

I was a vocal critic of Bob mate but you are right in that the groups he got where absolute groups of death and we just never had the team or squad to compete at that level then no matter how much we thought we did at the time and even when we did perform, we still managed to not qualify despite our points haul normally being more than good enough.

I had issues with Bob domestically towards the end but his performance in the CL was never an issue.

A great manager. A shame it unraveled so much at the end. Think this was as likely as much on him as the board.

Finishing so far behind the Rags that season was a joke, especially when you compared our squad to theirs.

I know it's said we missed out on RVP due to not being able to pay. I'm sure we could have found the money somehow though. What swung it was Ferguson going to talk to him personally. He was even so ruthless he told him he was planning to manage the Rags for a few more years. I think he had already planned to retire if he won the title back from us. He knew he needed RVP to get over the line though.

The Tevez incident in the CL was also highly embarrassing. He should have been suspended & then sacked. I would presume Mancini wanted this but the board never backed him.

It all left a sour taste for me TBH. What hurt most is letting Ferguson slope off into the sunset ending his career on a high. We had the chance to give him an ending like Dalgleish but blew it.

Decent away win for Zenit yesterday, 2-1 at Ufa, who were sixth at the start of play. They're up one place to fourth, thanks to Krasnodar only managing a draw at home to lowly Anzhi. CSKA and Spartak won, and are two and five points above Zenit respectively. Lokomotiv are a further two points on from Spartak despite a surprise defeat to Amkar Perm. All of the top four have seven matches to go except for Spartak, who have only six.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.