Robinho article....

Sublime ability and wonderful vision, would be interesting to see him in this side. Don't think he was really suited to the premier league though, his style of holding the ball and showing a lot of it to defenders made it easier for cloggers like Andy Wilkinson and Paul Robinson to chop through him and he wasn't as robust as the likes of Silva/Tevez/Aguero. Referees were even worse at giving our players protection when we were a mid table side. Even so he did very well for half a season until an ankle fracture from all the kicking kept him out for a bit and was never as good after. Didn't do badly in his career but the quote about Mancini making him defend kind of sums it up, a proper side can't have players who get their deck chair and slippers out half the time.

I remember that as well.

Bellamy was an utter disgrace. A fake. And a billy big-bollocks.

I hated him.

???

He did more for City than Robinho did. His performances and attitude helped (with others) drive the team from mid table mediocrity to challenging for the CL places.

Great article , weird really as from a fans perspective well mine anyway it always seemed he was here perhaps under protest , he started the ball rolling and gave the crowd the buzz since Gio.

Once a Blue always a blue eh !
Ha I must admit when I clicked into the article I was expecting at least an inference from either him or the reporters narrative somehow mentioning 'signing for the rags'.

He says some good things shame he didn't fancy putting more effort in as he admits himself. The Chelsea game was my lads Rodney Marsh game.

I remember that as well.

Bellamy was an utter disgrace. A fake. And a billy big-bollocks.

I hated him.

WTF?

We could have done with 11 Bellamys in the team at times. Always gave his absolute all on the pitch and was brilliant for us. Yes he might have been a twat but he was OUR twat.
In the grand scheme of things contributed more to our success than many of our big money signings!

WTF?

We could have done with 11 Bellamys in the team at times. Always gave his absolute all on the pitch and was brilliant for us. Yes he might have been a twat but he was OUR twat.
In the grand scheme of things contributed more to our success than many of our big money signings!

To be fair there is a lot of truth in that.

I just couldn’t and didn’t take to him. Weirdly, I think he’s a great pundit and I really like him at that.

He signed on the first day of the takeover surely?
I think take over was finalized on the last day of the transfer window . Until then I thought it was just a rumor and he signed on the deadline day.
That’s when it hit me fuck yea this is for real.

I think take over was finalized on the last day of the transfer window . Until then I thought it was just a rumor and he signed on the deadline day.
That’s when it hit me fuck yea this is for real.
You got your rumours earlier than me then, I hadn't heard anything until deadline day, from memory it wasn't formally finalised until a month or so later.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.