Rodgers - deluded ?

He is deluded, but he's deluded in a special and unique way. Shows real character.

....in April nonetheless.
I remember that well... that was their year that one for sure!

rodgerslma.jpg

So, Mr. Messi. We have three offers from teams in the premier league.
one is from London, one is from Manchester and one is from Glasgow.
Which one should we rule out?
Not sure why you think players would rule out a move to Glasgow in favour of Manchester or London. Larrson,butcher, di cannio, laudrup, Gattuso and many others could have played just about anywhere yet they chose Glasgow. I have followed city for roughly 30 years and never did I dream we'd see players the calibration of Silva, Aguero, De Bruyne, Toure etc play for us. Yet here we are with some of the best players in the world in Manchester. Do you think these players are in Manchester for the scenery or the weather? Money talks, just look at some of the players moving to China and Russia. Anyway it's all immaterial as it won't happen but please don't kid yourself on players wouldn't move to Glasgow of the money was right

If Celtic had the financial pull that being in England would allow them then they would challenge eventually so would Rangers, Celtic or Rangers as much as I don't like either of them would be a big draw for Europe top players playing in England there already two big clubs as it is in a piss poor league putting them in England would allow them to a achieve a higher level that playing Scotland doesn't offer but the whole discussion has been done to death isn't ever happening.

Actually a decent idea I think, opens up television viewing during the summer months for UK and foreign markets, and would improve the quality of football as everyone enjoys playing more in Summer rather than the Scottish Winter

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...s-spfl-move-summer-season-give-teams-better/?

Brendan Rodgers calls for SPFL to move to summer season to give teams better chance in Europe
26 NOVEMBER 2016 • 10:30PM

Brendan Rodgers has called for the SPFL to move to a summer season to give its teams a better chance of success in Europe. Celtic have no European football after Christmas because they will finish bottom of their Champions League group, no matter what happens in their final match against Manchester City, but their manager’s first experience of having to work through three rounds of summer qualifiers prompted him to suggest an alternative to the current league schedule.

“It’s getting colder and in terms of coaching it’s tough,” Rodgers said. “We’re blessed in terms of what we have here compared to other teams, but if you take a developing kid for example, he’s off during the best months of the year.

“The season has finished and the posts get taken down and the grass doesn’t get cut. Now – in season – it’s just about keeping kids warm. It was minus eight here this morning.

“I would say that there is an argument to say a season which starts in February to November would actually work up here and there would be benefits for clubs. There would be financial benefits and benefits for coaching in the warmer months.

“Then when you are midway through your season you get the Champions League qualifiers. Astana had played 22 games by the time we faced them – and that’s remarkable because we had only played once.

“You start behind the eight ball. If we don’t qualify and then go on to win a league and cup what is said is that ‘you didn’t make the Champions League’. It’s a massive prize – and you see what it gives you, the learning, the games and the fans love it – brilliant. To not be given the best chance to achieve it puts you on the back foot.

“Look at it this season. You’ve got the Scottish Cup final, if we were lucky enough to be in that, on May 27 and the first qualifier potentially in the first week of July. And you’ve got Scotland v England on June 10.

“It’s Catch 22. You want to be your best when you go into these games and as prepared as you possibly can. We tried this year to give the players as much of that preparation physically and mentally as we could.”

Meanwhile, Celtic contest the first domestic honour of the season with Aberdeen in the Betfred Scottish League Cup final at Hampden Park today. Rodgers encountered Derek McInnes when the Aberdeen manager was in charge of Bristol City and was impressed by what he saw.

“It was a tough job in there at the time, a difficult moment for the club, but in my conversations with him, he struck me as someone who was wanting to go down the right path always,” Rodgers said.

“I was delighted he came to Aberdeen, a big club, and when I was at Liverpool we spoke more. I gave him Danny Ward on loan because I believe he’s a good developer of players, and there were one or two others he was interested in.

“I like him, he’s conscientious with his work, his communication is open, he sets his teams up very well. They work hard, fight for a result and mix the game up well. He’s done a very good job.”

Celtic have won both of their meetings with Aberdeen this season, the first being a 4-1 league victory at home, but it was much tighter when the sides faced each other again at Pittodrie last month as McInnes made changes which reduced the margin to 1-0.

“You have to admire a coach when he does that,” said Rodgers. “The simple thing would be to roll out the same team and maybe you lose again and you think afterwards you should have done something different.

“He and his staff will have studied us and come up with what they thought was the best way to get a result. This is a cup final and it will be tough.”

In the absence of Celtic and Aberdeen, Rangers on Saturday leapfrogged the Pittodrie team into second place in the Scottish Premiership with a 2-1 victory over Partick Thistle, thanks to a double from substitute Joe Dodoo, but for the second week in succession Rangers edged their victory in injury time.

They had to come from behind when slack defending allowed Kris Doolan to shoot home from close range in the 72nd minute, but Dodoo had them level within five minutes with a fine finish from a prompt by Kenny Miller and the same combination produced the winner in the fourth minute of added time.

Dundee’s 2-1 victory over Inverness leaves Thistle bottom of the table, while Hearts’ 3-0 home win over Motherwell pushed them to within a point of Aberdeen.

Another way to look at it, if sunderland entered the spl, I reckon they'd win it by 20 points, possibly be known as the invincibles

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.