Roger palmer

EL APACHE TEVEZ

I was watching old footage on you tube, i think its 79-80 derby when he got the equalizer.what ever happend to him. i know he played for oldham.

FRAN THE ARAB said:
I was watching old footage on you tube, i think its 79-80 derby when he got the equalizer.what ever happend to him. i know he played for oldham.

80/81, stoppage time equaliser at the Stretford End, brilliant celebrations in the City section!

I believe he stayed at Oldham for the rest of his career, I think he's their all time record scorer? Typically he came back to City and scored a hat-trick against us at Maine Rd one season!

lancs blue said:
FRAN THE ARAB said:

80/81, stoppage time equaliser at the Stretford End, brilliant celebrations in the City section!

I believe he stayed at Oldham for the rest of his career, I think he's their all time record scorer? Typically he came back to City and scored a hat-trick against us at Maine Rd one season!
believe he wasn't to well a couple year ago,i thought it was 79-80 i was in the scoreboard that day i fuckin shit myself when city scored mind you i was only 10 at the time brilliant what i can remember o it.

He went abit reclusive, finished his career then just disappeared, Joe Royle is probably the only football type person who knows of his whereabouts, but refuses to reveal where on Palmer's request.

Used to live in Sale West - he lived there for years post oldham - on Racecourse estate i think. Used to turn out for one of the Sunday teams in his 40s with some of my mates. Looked dreadful till near the net and then bang. They tried to get him every week but yes a bit reclusive

One of the guys who narrowly missed £££££

Worse players are now multi millionaires

About 15/16 yrs ago me and mates used to go to Chequers nightclub at ALty Footy club (if you looked over 12 you got i)

One night there he was smooching with a blonde

Me and some blues formed a circle and started shouting Ooooh Roger Palmer, Oooh Roger Palmer - he foooookin loved it

he used to get the same bus as me, from racecourse estate. haven't been to manc since last christmas so don't know if he still lives there

he still lives on the racecourse estate.see him quite often and just recently seen him out jogging in sale a few times.overheard him on the bus last season talking to his mate about how shite a finisher vassell is! you could tell he's a city fan.

Harry Goodwin who used to be part of the youth set up in those days told me a story where he was watching a match and the guy sat next to him said "That Roger Palmer a lazy twat"
to which he replied "Yes I know, only scored the 4 goals today.." but he was that kind of player, would score goals for fun, but never really looked hungry for the ball

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.