Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
People said the same about Drogba when he first came to the Premier league. Just because you don't rate him doesn't mean he won't become a top striker. If he does then you will be eating this comment.

Also a ton of strikers miss chances. He also has more goals against top 6 opposition than Diego Costa. In a league format you need someone who scores goals against smaller sides. Those guys win you leagues. If you only show up against big teams you end up having a Liverpool type team that struggles against those types.

As for stat padding, look at Harry Kane, that guy is the king of stat padders.

You can't compare Drogba to Lukaku

Drogba one of the most dangerous strikers ever with his back to goal(target man), Lukaku not a threat in that position or an effective target man despite his size. Don't have similar styles at all.

Doesn't look up, can't control a ball, misses a lot of chances. Not convinced those first two will ever change so he'll never be a top, top striker.

People compare him to Drogba, but Drogba was so much better at seeing where the people around him were, holding the ball up and playing them in. Lukaku just puts his head down and chases after his dubious touches. Anyone saying he'd be perfect for Chelsea should go and watch that game against the rags last year, where him and Barkley wasted perfect counter attacking opportunity after perfect counter attacking opportunity by just not looking up and running down blind alleys.

Doesn't look up, can't control a ball, misses a lot of chances. Not convinced those first two will ever change so he'll never be a top, top striker.

People compare him to Drogba, but Drogba was so much better at seeing where the people around him were, holding the ball up and playing them in. Lukaku just puts his head down and chases after his dubious touches. Anyone saying he'd be perfect for Chelsea should go and watch that game against the rags last year, where him and Barkley wasted perfect counter attacking opportunity after perfect counter attacking opportunity by just not looking up and running down blind alleys.

And if he is successful at Chelsea what will you do then?

He has that ability and Conte knows how to manage players. Let's be real, no one here though that Victor Moses would be an important player in a title winning side, but he was and I can see the same with Lukaku and that being his platform to the next level.

For someone who has doubtful aspects within his repertoire he seems to have scored quite a few goals. I just wonder if he were to stump up at a club with a rampant midfield just how many more would he score. There's been plenty of players over the years who seem to be deficient in more than one area yet score freely. Sergio has missed several (dozen?) chances this season but I would still place him in the elite of the football world.

He has that ability and Conte knows how to manage players. Let's be real, no one here though that Victor Moses would be an important player in a title winning side, but he was and I can see the same with Lukaku and that being his platform to the next level.

but Victor Moses is still Victor Moses. Chelsea's system protects those kinds of players and gets the job done more often than not, but it has a finite level without significantly improving those weaker areas whereas we have a much greater potential upswing. Lukaku could bang in more goals than Costa at Chelsea and they could still not win the title.

I imagine he'd carry on scoring against shit defences who give him wide open spaces to run into and carry on looking like a pub player against good defences or anyone who doesn't give him space. Don't think he'd handle playing against a packed defence well at all if teams start doing that to Chelsea, as his touch is just too shit, he'll give it away constantly.

Moses isn't a good player all of a sudden, he just does a job, a job that mainly involves a lot of powerful running and not a lot of quality. Being a striker for a top club isn't like that, you will have to work in tight spaces and no amount of tactical systems will make you able to keep the ball close to you if you have the touch of Edin Dzeko's shit brother

I imagine he'd carry on scoring against shit defences who give him wide open spaces to run into and carry on looking like a pub player against good defences or anyone who doesn't give him space. Don't think he'd handle playing against a packed defence well at all if teams start doing that to Chelsea, as his touch is just too shit, he'll give it away constantly.

Moses isn't a good player all of a sudden, he just does a job, a job that mainly involves a lot of powerful running and not a lot of quality. Being a striker for a top club isn't like that, you will have to work in tight spaces and no amount of tactical systems will make you able to keep the ball close to you if you have the touch of Edin Dzeko's shit brother

Bullshit. Plenty of players have been slated and turn good. And Moses has improved a lot. More touches in the box and improvement on his overall game. Also Moses was always a decent player, his issue was injuries. And if you still say he isn't a good player you obviously don't watch football.

The type of football elitism you are posting here is hilarious.

Last edited:
but Victor Moses is still Victor Moses. Chelsea's system protects those kinds of players and gets the job done more often than not, but it has a finite level without significantly improving those weaker areas whereas we have a much greater potential upswing. Lukaku could bang in more goals than Costa at Chelsea and they could still not win the title.

That wouldn't mean that them failing to win the title was all on him. Winning titles are about the TEAM effort, not the effort of just one player, even if that player is the main striker. Like I said if he bangs in a lot of goals and wins the title people here will be eating their words.

Also we can put Aguero on trial about how he may not be an elite striker as he is invisible for his country and more often than not just scores a ton of goals but not much else.

That wouldn't mean that them failing to win the title was all on him. Winning titles are about the TEAM effort, not the effort of just one player, even if that player is the main striker. Like I said if he bangs in a lot of goals and wins the title people here will be eating their words.

Also we can put Aguero on trial about how he may not be an elite striker as he is invisible for his country and more often than not just scores a ton of goals but not much else.

they won't really, just because he may work there doesn't mean he would work here.

Bullshit. Plenty of players have been slated and turn good. And Moses has improved a lot. More touches in the box and improvement on his overall game.

The type of football elitism you are posting here is hilarious.
Is expecting a top player to be able to consistently control a ball "elitism" now? Maybe I have unrealistic standards for an £80m striker then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.