Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he'd be daft to leave you. He's definitely not a big fish in a small pond with a club like Everton and I think he'd go missing, a bit like Bony, at a team where he's not the main focus of attack.

He can become an Everton legend and with the money coming in and potential new stadium, it should be an exciting time for him.

You list a stack of great reasons for him to stay at Everton, which shows how much Champions League football is such an attraction for quality players

You list a stack of great reasons for him to stay at Everton, which shows how much Champions League football is such an attraction for quality players

That's a good point. I do think Everton will be challenging there or there abouts for a top 4 spot for the next few years. Koeman is a fantastic manager.

Lukaku is much better than Bony. From his hold up play to his finishing. He may not be a pep player but you don't need to be a pep player to be World Class. It's silly comparing him to players as such and others like Benteke. He is at the level required for a champions league or title challenging team because he will score goals against the teams that will really win you the points which there are more of them than the top 4 or 6 for that matter.

And I don't even like Lukaku.

Lukaku is playing at the level that suits him. He's not good enough for the best teams. He's got pace. He's got a rubbish touch and he turns like a tank. Wouldn't touch him.

Lukaku is much better than Bony. From his hold up play to his finishing. He may not be a pep player but you don't need to be a pep player to be World Class. It's silly comparing him to players as such and others like Benteke. He is at the level required for a champions league or title challenging team because he will score goals against the teams that will really win you the points which there are more of them than the top 4 or 6 for that matter.

And I don't even like Lukaku.
Benteke used to bench Lukaku on the national team. I don't think it is silly at all to compare both. Injuries have done Benteke in over the last couple of seasons, but he is just as good of a player as Lukaku. Some might even say a better better talent if not for the inconsistencies of injury.

You must be an Everton fan to question how Aguero is another couple of levels above Lukaku.

A couple of levels above isn't the same as a different planet. In any case, I don't think Aguero is that far ahead of Lukaku. Certainly not this season, and that's not because I think Aguero had declined, I just think Lukaku is improving every season. He's the run away top scorer for a team with almost zero hope of top 4.

A couple of levels above isn't the same as a different planet. In any case, I don't think Aguero is that far ahead of Lukaku. Certainly not this season, and that's not because I think Aguero had declined, I just think Lukaku is improving every season. He's the run away top scorer for a team with almost zero hope of top 4.

I didn't look at your username to be honest. I'm biased but Agueros record is vastly underrated, he has the best goals per minute ratio since 1992 when the prem started. I could be mistaken but from time on the pitch he's statistically scored more than anyone in this country ever. Lukaku is miles away from those sorts of records. I do highly rate him though.

He won't go anywhere unless he is guaranteed to start.

I think he either ends up at United or Chelsea as I think they will let go of Costa this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.