Romelu Lukaku

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Goats left knee, 15 Apr 2017.

1. Vialli98

Vialli98

Can you tell me if any player has scored more goals against the top 6 this season that Lukaku? I think there are none, but if I'm wrong, there can't be more than 1 or 2.

He's scored goals against City this season. Scored against you last season too.

2. Dax777

Dax777

Lets find out :)

3. Vialli98

Vialli98

Costa kills at least 5 good attacking situations every match. He's terrible outside the box. I'm actively hoping he leaves this summer.

4. Vialli98

Vialli98

Well he has 3 goals against the top 6 this season, 2 vs City, 1 vs Spurs.

I know Costa, Kane and Alexis have less than 3. Not sure about Zlatan and Aguero, but I would be shocked if either of those had more than 3. Without looking it up I can think of 2 Aguero goals, vs Chelsea and Arsenal. I think that might be his total.

5. Armaan

Armaan

I'm sure he scored against the dippers.

6. Trevor Morley's Tache

Trevor Morley's Tache

Doing stuff
    The Everton game was a strange game. We were shocking, and he didn't have to work particularly hard to get his goals.

At £100M you would expect to be buying someone who will eventually be expected to replace Aguero. He just doesn't fit that profile for me.

7. Vialli98

Vialli98

You're right, he did. Having just looked it up, Aguero has managed 3 goals vs top 6 teams.

Kane 1
    Zlatan 2
    Costa 2.
    Alexis 1

So actually, other than Aguero, no-one has managed to even match Lukaku's number of goals vs top teams, let alone score more. Yet for some reason, the narrative that he's a flat-track bully has been forced on him.

8. Blue Llama

Blue Llama

Seem to remember we bought a player not so long ago who was leading the 'goals scored that year' stats. Similar build etc. So no thanks we don't need him.

9. Vialli98

Vialli98

And, that is perfectly fine. That is the type of striker you, and many others, prefer. I was having an argument with another Chelsea fan about Lukaku yesterday and he also said he prefers an Aguero type of forward who can link up with Hazard well than a Lukaku/Costa type, whereas my preference was a striker who could bag 30 goals himself. I think Lukaku is an elite goal scorer.

10. Dax777

Dax777

Well then, I guess he is no flat track bully :)