Rony Lopes

This is the same Lopes that so many people on here told me at the time, and afterwards, would not make it, yes ?

That Lopes ?

Surely not.
Indeed it is.

I am still convinced that if Pep was here just a few years earlier Rony would be in the squad for the final this weekend.

Is he slowly becoming a player that we or somebody else might pay 40-50m pounds for?

We made good money though, sigh.

Tbh, it's not that, so much, which bothers me.

It's the fact that these kids were considered 'too much of a risk' to get an occasional game or even last ten minutes, here and there, & the number of utter fucking turds on here who 'know' they won't make it after watching them for 17 mins or because they haven't been brilliant enough, for the reserves.

We have utter fucking wankers now, watching Diaz & going 'nah'.

The way football works, even Diaz & Foden could end up world class or end up at Sogndal in Norway, but like Lopes, Barker, Denayer & many others, they all deserve the chance to try & make it & maybe their moment in the sun, where they come on & score the winner in the last ten.

Lopes actually proved himself good enough to be worth a shot & still got fucked off without a Premier League chance.

Tbh, it's not that, so much, which bothers me.

It's the fact that these kids were considered 'too much of a risk' to get an occasional game or even last ten minutes, here and there, & the number of utter fucking turds on here who 'know' they won't make it after watching them for 17 mins or because they haven't been brilliant enough, for the reserves.

We have utter fucking wankers now, watching Diaz & going 'nah'.

The way football works, even Diaz & Foden could end up world class or end up at Sogndal in Norway, but like Lopes, Barker, Denayer & many others, they all deserve the chance to try & make it & maybe their moment in the sun, where they come on & score the winner in the last ten.

Lopes actually proved himself good enough to be worth a shot & still got fucked off without a Premier League chance.

I feel your pain and I am in full agreement, I think our squad is good enough to accommodate one kid in every match day starting line bar Liverpool, Manure, Spuds and Chelsea and even then why not for the right kid.

What grinds me down the most is at 3 or 4-0 a kid mostly is not put on and this isn't just Pep I am talking about Makers and Pellegrini were just as bad if not worse, fuck me Pellegrini was putting Sinclair on the pitch with 10 minutes to go, that used to make my blood actually boil.

I am of the opinion that youth players exposed to playing alongside talent will prosper better than being sent off on loan to a struggling team.

Players are getting picked for the national team and not even getting close to our bench and deemed as useless by some on here, Rekik and Denayer both had all the promise in the world and then failed to fulfil it but did they fail to do so due to terrible loans by us ?

Thereby stunting there growth as they were not training with the best we had, hell we bought Mangala would they have been any worse than he has been ?

I know I can be guilty of blue specs syndrome in my desire to see us fetch through some of our own but I always feel that we have written off some of these lads to soon and with out a chance to shine alongside our top talent, some of these guys only chance of first team action has been with other youths and deadbeats in the league cup, very hard to impress like that.

Zinchenko is a shining example of what can happen to a young player let loose in the first team, no way would he have had a chance to shine if it wasn't for the injuries (and an unsuccessful loan) and I hope he is given further chances to impress in his correct position as a reward, now he may never be a world class player but he may well be an extremely useful back up option happy to sit on the bench and play cup games and 10/15 games in the prem and this is what we really need, we can't have 25 world class players in the squad, eventually they become unhappy and cause ructions about game time.

Rambling talk over :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.