Ross Barkley: Police investigate 'racist' Sun article about Everton player

MacKenzie has just been incredibly lazy with this story and failed to research thoroughly. Having said that, the editor should also be hauled over the coals for failing to carry out his job properly.

He is a huge slime bag though.

Because thats what "Snowflakes" do, shout about perceived offence when it could be just as easily said in all innocence, be fair, how many have ever thought he was mixed race ?.
As someone has already pointed out Rooney has been called a f*cking gorilla with not a peep from the Liverpool candle burners society, some c*nt with nothing better to do brings in that his Grandad was from Nigeria and out come the umbridge brigade,

Oh what a surprise.

We need Another animal to use in describing people unless you are prepared to check every ones family tree back to Victorian times. If you don't want to offend scousers or mard arses you need to put the work in folks.

We need Another animal to use in describing people unless you are prepared to check every ones family tree back to Victorian times. If you don't want to offend scousers or mard arses you need to put the work in folks.

Common sense would suggest that MacKenzie did his research so that his column would have maximum impact but leave it implicit and just the right amount of suggestive so that he can feign ignorance. Y'know, because that kind of long distance shit stirring is exactly what he's been doing for decades.

Nah, forget his track record, he's just a bit of a dope who obviously didn't mean to create such a stir and this is bordering on a witch hunt by the professionally offended.

Last edited:
Common sense* would suggest that MacKenzie did his research so that his column would have maximum impact but leave it implicit and just the right amount of suggestive so that he can feign ignorance. Y'know, because that kind of long distance shit stirring is exactly what he's been doing for decades.

Nah, forget his track record, he's just a bit of a dope who obviously didn't mean to create such a stir and this is bordering on a witch hunt by the professionally offended.

*not that this place has it in abundance

rossb.jpg

Name Ross Barkley

If I was writing a piece on the guy it wouldn't of even crossed my mind to do research into his roots. As it's Mackenzie I can't say I'm too bothered about the crap that's coming his way but I know most people hadn't a scooby do he is mixed race but are using it as an excuse to have a go at someone who is rightfully regarded as a huge bell end.

If I was writing a piece on the guy it wouldn't of even crossed my mind to do research into his roots.

Professional journalists do research. Kelvin MacKenzie does a fuck load of research. This guy was the editor of the sun for thirteen years. He's an arsehole but he's an intelligent arsehole and controversy is his speciality.

I'm not saying he should be convicted of anything, I'm saying he deserves everything he does get for this as it would be incredibly naive to believe that someone of his ilk wouldn't have at least clicked on Barkley's wiki page.

Your original comment said this:

"If you don't want to offend scousers or mard arses you need to put the work in folks."

He does want to cause offence and he does put the work in.

Professional journalists do research. Kelvin MacKenzie does a fuck load of research. This guy was the editor of the sun for thirteen years. He's an arsehole but he's an intelligent arsehole and controversy is his speciality.

I'm not saying he should be convicted of anything, I'm saying he deserves everything he does get for this as it would be incredibly naive to believe that someone of his ilk wouldn't have at least clicked on Barkley's wiki page.

Your original comment said this:

"If you don't want to offend scousers or mard arses you need to put the work in folks."

He does want to cause offence and he does put the work in.

Tremendous guesswork fella, you should be a journalist

Never seen someone described as a 'gorilla' before. Agree with Tugay and think it was intentional

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.