Ross Barkley

overrated because he scores some wonder goals and his decision making is not good especially against chelsea everton could have scored more if he had played the right pass John Stones is the guy we should go after

overrated because he scores some wonder goals and his decision making is not good especially against chelsea everton could have scored more if he had played the right pass John Stones is the guy we should go after

I genuinely believe we will next summer; the initial links a month or so ago stated that we intended to leave him at Everton this season to further develop and would only move for him this summer if Chelsea had a bid accepted.

We should have signed Luke Shaw when we had the chance last summer, would have been the solution to the leftback issue here for a decade, and the same applies to Stones in the centre; I like Barkley and think he can become top class, but the next central midfield player we spend big on should be of proven quality and consistency, someone like Ramsey. Delph when fit will make an impact and he's only 25 himself so having those two in addition to the ageing Toure and Fernandinho should keep us sorted in that area until a few of the academy lads are at an age to be integrated. If Jack Byrne keeps developing at Cambuur the way he did in the second half of last season he'll have a good chance at making an impact next preseason.

Although I wouldn't disagree that his decision making looks a bit dodgy at times. This reflects the fact that he is still very young and there is a lot of learning to do. He looks a seriously talented young player to me, (As does Stones) Though doubtlessly both will go through rocky spells as they mature.

I genuinely believe we will next summer; the initial links a month or so ago stated that we intended to leave him at Everton this season to further develop and would only move for him this summer if Chelsea had a bid accepted.

We should have signed Luke Shaw when we had the chance last summer, would have been the solution to the leftback issue here for a decade, and the same applies to Stones in the centre; I like Barkley and think he can become top class, but the next central midfield player we spend big on should be of proven quality and consistency, someone like Ramsey. Delph when fit will make an impact and he's only 25 himself so having those two in addition to the ageing Toure and Fernandinho should keep us sorted in that area until a few of the academy lads are at an age to be integrated. If Jack Byrne keeps developing at Cambuur the way he did in the second half of last season he'll have a good chance at making an impact next preseason.
Yes because he certainly is setting the world alight at united isnt he.

Could have bought Stones for 30-35 million with an early summer bid (as opposed to deadline day desperation from Chelsea). More risky than Otamendi but still worth it IMO.

I wanted Shaw, but for 30 million? No thanks.

Could have bought Stones for 30-35 million with an early summer bid (as opposed to deadline day desperation from Chelsea). More risky than Otamendi but still worth it IMO.

I wanted Shaw, but for 30 million? No thanks.
Chelsea had been trying for Shaw for over a month mate.Their first offer was a 30 million bid and the last one was 40.

He has a tendency to hold onto the ball for far too long and his decision making is shocking to say the least.

That's a compliment coming from you.

You wanted Yaya gone and said it was a huge mistake that we kept him.

You also said Nasri was worse than Navas against Palace despite most of our offence going through him.

Priceless

Yes because he certainly is setting the world alight at united isnt he.

If you actually take in some football with an open mind you'd know that he's been very good this season, both for his club and England. Even last year when he did play, he was good, especially against Chelsea.

If we were picking a current Manchester 11, he's arguably the only rag who'd get in it. He's quicker and a much better one-on-one defender than Kolarov, and while Aleksander is regarded by some as the epitome of the modern attacking fullback, Shaw's one assist so far is one more than Aleks, who's scored one more. Shaw's passing % is also slightly better. Considering he's playing in an inferior team and has only just turned 20, that's impressive.

He got in the PFA team in his last year at Southampton, and I reckon he'll be in it this year as well. Considering it's been, and will continue to be, a problem position for us for a long time now, I'm surprised we didn't move for him to provide a solution there. Maybe it was the FFP sanctions, maybe the club didn't see value in the move, but it's clear that Angelino isn't the gonna fill the void any time soon, if ever.

I'd stick a big bid in for him next summer, purely out of mischief if nothing else; it'd be a difficult one unless they miss out on the top 4.

There aren't many decent leftbacks about; the likes of Gaya are highly regarded, but so was Alberto Moreno and he's been exposed as awful at Liverpool. Id keep an eye on Jordan Amavi at Villa, he's a good player, but the most viable option IMO would be Ben Chilwell at Leicester; the England u20 captain who was superb against us in the Youth Cup semi. The gulf in quality as a proper defender was huge in direct comparison to Angelino, and he earned rave reviews for his performances for the first team in preseason, both as an orthodox leftback and on the left of a back three. Arsenal are monitoring him, and it's only a matter of time before he establishes himself and his value skyrockets, so we should look to get a deal done in January and loan him to the Championship for 6 months to get valuable experience before coming back for preseason.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.