Ross Barkley

For the price it's a no brainer. Call it a token 1mill signing a few years back. Hope he gets his career back on track to be honest.

He’s potentially a great player, he’s absolutely ran the show a couple of times against us in recent years. I don’t think he has the footballing intelligence to match up with his physical and technical skills but who knows maybe a fresh start is what he’s needed. Could be a superb signing for Chelsea at that price.

I'd say he's probably a bit old to be playing football these days. And anyway; that mayoral chain must weigh a bit and would slow him down.

Thank you, thank you. I'm taking bookings for weddings, funerals, bar mitzvahs, etc etc. Residences considered.
:) Are you here all week? Oh and how's the veal...??

I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't really rate Barkley that much. Think he's decent aye, but there are just as many questions against him as there are for him IMO. Certainly worth the risk I suppose though for 15m.
I’ve got to admit I can’t see the fuss.
Chelsea could’ve got Nasri cheaper who turns out the same sort of performance when he can be bothered also...

More than one manager has questioned his tactical awareness. I think he will be bit part at CFC when they need a second string. I think his days of becoming the next Johnny Haynes are long since gone.

Calling jim harri! Dya remember Johnny, jim?

Is it just me who thinks he isn't very good?
He's never had it in him to be a world class player and never will. On a good day an effective, good premier league player. On a bad one, a luxury.

I'm with you. He can be effective in that number 10 position playing off the striker, with little defensive responsibilities, but it's a role which is dying amongst top teams like Chelsea. It can be easily nullified against a team that plays two defensive/central midfielders, or just one decent defensive midfielder, or a team (like City) that dominates possession. Its becomes like having 10 men on the pitch. Doing nothing for almost the whole game, then blasting in from 25 yards, is not good enough for a team that wants to win titles. Chelsea will not build the team around him, if he's to succeed he will have to reinvent his game, and the jury is very much out if he can do that.

In his younger days he was regarded as an all-round midfielder as was tagged as the next Bryan Robson. I guess Conte could try to change him back to that type of role.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.