Rugby World Cup

I have watched the springboks in most of their games in recent years and they are not a great side on any of the evidence I've seen . The poorest major nation in the Southern Hemisphere. I also reckon the Aussies aren't that great either you could count on one hand the number of truly good performances in the last 4 years and they have been pilloried by the press here for years for not competing for anything seriously in years . The game last week probably one of their best in a decade. Any team that can't beat the Boks won't even get close to the all blacks let some have a chance of beating them.

The sad truth is the Highlanders , Chiefs or hurricanes would probably win the World Cup let alone the ABs

I still think the Aussies will win the whole thing & i'm hoping for an Irish win against France so that the French can then knock out NZ.

I still think the Aussies will win the whole thing & i'm hoping for an Irish win against France so that the French can then knock out NZ.

If anyone will worry the ABs it is les Bleus

That's my thinking as well, France have a habit of beating them. Not sure how good a french team this is now though.

If anyone beats the All Blacks it'll likely be the All Blacks :)

Trusted and well placed sources tell me that Wales will start with both Tipuric and Warburton, and the centres will be Jamie Roberts and James Hook. Get a tenner on Hook to score the first try before the team is announced

more like Hook throws an interception try :-( For Gats to bring him into the fold, shows that Wales are down to the bare bones in certain positions. I've found Hook an emigna, I thought he was going to be a world beater maybe being able to play most of the back positions in the long run didn't work out for him.

Seen the fanzone is up in Albert square, talk about an anti-Climax for England fans

Trusted and well placed sources tell me that Wales will start with both Tipuric and Warburton, and the centres will be Jamie Roberts and James Hook. Get a tenner on Hook to score the first try before the team is announced

Thank god you were wrong about James fcuking Hook , that nightmare is on the bench. Cuthbert ??? ffs, although with our injuries there aren't really many other options.
Wales team:
Backs: Gareth Anscombe (Cardiff Blues), Alex Cuthbert (Cardiff Blues), George North (Northampton Saints), Jamie Roberts (Harlequins), Liam Williams (Scarlets), Dan Biggar (Ospreys), Gareth Davies (Scarlets).

Forwards: Paul James (Ospreys), Scott Baldwin (Ospreys), Samson Lee (Scarlets), Luke Charteris (Racing 92), Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys), Sam Warburton (Capt) (Cardiff Blues), Justin Tipuric (Ospreys), Taulupe Faletau (Newport Gwent Dragons).

Must admit I haven't seen a lot of anscombe, am quite happy about North at centre he has been too peripheral so far for a phenomenal player and Williams is a top flyer out wide. Glad tipuric gets a game and good to see a much more solid front row.

Will be very interested in half an hour to see whether folau, giteau and Horne make it or not ?

I've got a ticket going spare for Saturday's England match at City. It's block 212 row D.

If anyone wants it and can pick it up they can have it. However I'm going away tomorrow so it'll have to be collected today, or tomorrow morning, I'll be in near Ancoats this evening, or in Stockport (near the grammer school) tomorrow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.