Rule question

I used to referee swimming meets and if the same rules apply, which more than likely do, then the referee takes control from the moment he is appointed the match official and he stands down when his report is made

I assume it falls in the ref's hands from when the team leave and return to the changing room. We know players can be sent off in the tunnel post-match, so that must still be in the ref's remit.

The ref takes control well before a team leaves the changing room
He has to do a pitch inspection for a start

I was thinking of when the players become his issue. I see your point, but imagine that the ref doesn't get involved or care (professionally) in closed dressing room discussions.

ref has authority to take disciplinary action from the moment he arrives at the ground to the moment he leaves
So, a ref who decides to rock up at 7am and leave at midnight can continue handing out yellow and red cards all the time he’s there?

My lad asked me this a few weeks ago, “if there’s a drop ball in the area, can the keeper be selected to go for tha ball and just grab it after it’s bounced?”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.