Rum

Ron zacapa is the best rum that I have tasted. If you haven't tried it then I'd strongly recommend it.

This is seriously good stuff (from Guatemala). Other contenders in my tipple of choice are El Dorado, especially the 15 year old (Guyana), Woods (Guyana) who now market a 57% version in a squat bottle, Pussers Gunpowder 54.5% (the original navy tot strength), Gosling's Black Seal (Bermuda) and Diplomatico (Venezuela). Diplomatico is like a fine cognac and should never, ever, be adulterated with Coke. In the Caribbean the overwhelming favourite of the locals is Mount Gay (Barbados).

Sangsom from Thailand.
Rough as fuck but hell yeah, I drink it.

Thanks for letting me know, much appreciated.
Anyway went to Cuba a few years back. Had some rum on the Havana city tour. It was unbelievable, unfortunately I've no idea what it's called and fairly certain it's not available here. Not much use but hey ho

I remember at a party we ended up at in my 20's where later in the evening a bottle of rum was produced.

It became clear that we had nothing by the way of conventional mixers and some bright **** suggested we use Strongbow Cider.

I woke up the next day in between two single beds with only one shoe.

Entering the living room it became clear my mates had fucked off and I knew nobody.

An awkward hour passed with a group of dodgy looking people helped me find it on top of a wardrobe.

I still enjoy a rum but have given up mixing it with cider.

Ron Zacapa is nice, but has sugar added to it, and some of the other more expensive brands do the same, presumably to give it more all round appeal. But if you like your spirit to taste as it came out of the barrel, then I recommend Foursquare Zinfandel Cask Blend - fantastic stuff!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.