Rum

Wray and Nephew Overproof Rum is my Poison of choice, Beautiful stuff!

I haven't drank rum since 1997.

When we were in the bar after work our boss used to like buying a bottle of Bacardi Spice towards the end of the evening, cracking it open and passing it round the table for everyone to swig out of the bottle and pass it on. We couldn't put the bottle down until it was empty, and when it was empty, he would often get another bottle. He bought four bottles on this occasion.

Now this is fine if there are more than a few round the table, which there often was, but the more the bottle goes round, the more people tend to fall over. On this particular evening I had to bail out half way down the third bottle, and about 10 minutes later I was sick through my nose with such force I got splash-back in my eyes.

I love the stuff, it's the only spirit I drink, but not spiced.

If you are in York, I recommend a trip to the bar at Hotel du Vin. They hold an exceptional collection of rums from all over the Caribbean and Nicaragua, Honduras, Belize etc and a very knowledgable barman.

when i was in Belize 87/88 had a really good one called appletons 151
You're right... it is Appleton's... it's the Alzheimer's...

151 had cake recipes on the back of the bottle it was so strong.. the regular stuff was great anyway

Anything to take the taste of Belekin away

I left on December 23rd I think... right on Xmas in 1987

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.