Rumoured Newcastle takeover

cleavers

Home or work, well mostly home these days.
Interesting that the women allegedly involved, Amanda Stavely, is heavily connected to the Middle East states of Qatar and UAE, and according to Wikipedia was "also involved in Sheik Mansour's high-profile purchase of Manchester City Football Club in September 2008." Her company PCP partners taking £10m in commission.

I can't say I'd heard of her until today, but she was involved in the Barclays deal in 2008 by the UAE royal family, and was nearly on the board at Liverpool when Dubai Internation Capital tried to buy a 49% stake in Liverpool.

If its true (and it seems to be mainly social media rumour at the moment) it could be good for Newcastle, though getting Ashley out of there might be more tricky than their fans will hope.

She was pictured at their game against Liverpool today.

Dealing with Ashley will be almost impossible
He doesn't need the money and he's holding all the cards
I'd be amazed if preliminary enquiries had not indicated that he is willing to sell or has not initiated the process himself.

Interesting that the women allegedly involved, Amanda Stavely, is heavily connected to the Middle East states of Qatar and UAE, and according to Wikipedia was "also involved in Sheik Mansour's high-profile purchase of Manchester City Football Club in September 2008." Her company PCP partners taking £10m in commission.

I can't say I'd heard of her until today, but she was involved in the Barclays deal in 2008 by the UAE royal family, and was nearly on the board at Liverpool when Dubai Internation Capital tried to buy a 49% stake in Liverpool.

This is a profile of Amanda Staveley from The Independent when the ADUG takeover was announced and which talks a little about her role in that deal: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...who-became-the-toast-of-abu-dhabi-917204.html

Hasn't Ashley been here before when he priced Newcastle out of the deal which eventually meant we was purchased?

His greed cost him but was good for us. Any new owners there now will find it more difficult to join the top

Hasn't Ashley been here before when he priced Newcastle out of the deal which eventually meant we was purchased?

His greed cost him but was good for us. Any new owners there now will find it more difficult to join the top
Correct. He was asked if he'd be interesting in selling and sent a sarcastic message back along the lines of "Start the bidding at £500m and I might be".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.