Running a Marathon ...

Feeling it today - but yep a good experience and a very tough run, the course was very hilly.

I did it in 1 hour 53

16729119_10158604141215112_7141549313868104287_n.jpg
Did you carry that scaffolding rack all the way round? Respec'

Cheers for advice mate. I've heard its nice and flat just like Manchester.
Its my first half so I'll probably run it as fast as I can. And just use as a short long run if u know what I mean.
Just bought some gels not really used em yet.
Not sure about tapering for it obivously
I' ll reduce mileage week before, but still wanna do the long run the week before?
I did the Great North West Half Marathon in 1.53.59 .SMASHED THE 2 HOURS !

Don't run in new trainers, they will tear your feet to shreds, I used to Vaseline my feet beforehand and hardly ever got blisters, inside the thighs too, beware of nipple rash ;-) seriously I used to put plasters on mine after some horrible nipple sores...! Stop at every single water station without fail, whether you are thirsty or not, drink it, don't pour it on your head, use the sponges for that..! Start slow and don't get caught up with anyone else's pace, that crippled me on more than one occasion, running faster than I wanted or was capable of, its easily done, just run to your pre arranged mile times on your watch and stick to it..!

Don't run in new trainers, they will tear your feet to shreds, I used to Vaseline my feet beforehand and hardly ever got blisters, inside the thighs too, beware of nipple rash ;-) seriously I used to put plasters on mine after some horrible nipple sores...! Stop at every single water station without fail, whether you are thirsty or not, drink it, don't pour it on your head, use the sponges for that..! Start slow and don't get caught up with anyone else's pace, that crippled me on more than one occasion, running faster than I wanted or was capable of, its easily done, just run to your pre arranged mile times on your watch and stick to it..!

every single water station ? really ? .... i ran 13 miles yesterday without water and felt fine - just used a couple gel packs...

for the marathon was thinking a water every 5 miles

other than that good advise, especially for the nipples!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.