Running a Marathon ...

Up to 14 miles long run now mate. 30 for week. With 10 weeks to go.
Good stuff. Hope you prove me wrong.
Don't forget to schedule in a taper - most people do 3 weeks but you would get away with 2

Are you doing a half for the race practise?

Could just about eat one. (Just realised I am showing my age) - they have been called snickers for about twenty years haven't they!

I'm booked a half marathon in a few weeks time - not happy I'm not allowed headphones
You aren't allowed to in most races (quite rightly) for safety reasons.
Have you checked if you can for your marathon? I'd expect you can't

You aren't allowed to in most races (quite rightly) for safety reasons.
Have you checked if you can for your marathon? I'd expect you can't

Just checked, they recommended not to for safety reasons but say it is unenforceable. So yeh, I can wear them. Thank god. Don't think I'd do it if I couldn't.

Yeah I'm down for Great Norh West Half in Blackpool next month.
Nice and flat. I've done the windmill half which is essentially the same route. Not the most interesting route as it is laps.
Bit windy too and the salt from the sea when the wind blows can be a pain but will be a decent race and well organised.
Are you planning on 'racing' it? A lot use a half in marathon prep to run at marathon pace and add in a warm up and cool down to make in to a long run. I never bothered myself.
Make sure you wear the trainers and clothes you will wear for the marathon when you do the half. Always best to test out your kit before the day. Same with gels if you will use them for the marathon, use them for the half.

Just checked, they recommended not to for safety reasons but say it is unenforceable. So yeh, I can wear them. Thank god. Don't think I'd do it if I couldn't.

Pretty much every race that isn't on a closed course has the no-headphones rule. It really only applies to those that have a realistic chance at winning. Now the triathlons I've done will pull you from the course if they see you with headphones, particularly on the bike. I never wear them on the bike, but I have swimming headphones and use them in running training most of the time. My use isn't for entertainment or distraction as much as for cadence. I use fixed cadence stuff from PODRunner. I've found that I am a much stronger runner when I'm at 175 or 176 cadence, so that is what I listen to. I go much higher and my form goes to hell, any slower and I'm less efficient. The music itself is crap for the most part, but it does the job.

Nice and flat. I've done the windmill half which is essentially the same route. Not the most interesting route as it is laps.
Bit windy too and the salt from the sea when the wind blows can be a pain but will be a decent race and well organised.
Are you planning on 'racing' it? A lot use a half in marathon prep to run at marathon pace and add in a warm up and cool down to make in to a long run. I never bothered myself.
Make sure you wear the trainers and clothes you will wear for the marathon when you do the half. Always best to test out your kit before the day. Same with gels if you will use them for the marathon, use them for the half.
Cheers for advice mate. I've heard its nice and flat just like Manchester.
Its my first half so I'll probably run it as fast as I can. And just use as a short long run if u know what I mean.
Just bought some gels not really used em yet.
Not sure about tapering for it obivously
I' ll reduce mileage week before, but still wanna do the long run the week before?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.