Running

Anyone have any luck with the London Marathon ballot this time round? If so, targets/aims?

I managed to get lucky on only my second attempt. Aiming for sub 4hrs having done 4hrs 8 mins twice (Brighton 2016 and Berlin 2015)

Anyone have any luck with the London Marathon ballot this time round? If so, targets/aims?

I managed to get lucky on only my second attempt. Aiming for sub 4hrs having done 4hrs 8 mins twice (Brighton 2016 and Berlin 2015)

well done getting in - i didn't get a place but quite relieved, i don't think i could go through all that again.

I was a PTI in the military and when I came out I ran quite a few marathons with the best time of 2:45. Time passed and I became a fat lazy bastard who gave himself diabetes. Now I am walking at a very brisk pace 3.5 miles a day hoping to build up to running again. I have a small bluetooth earphone I use for music to give me that extra gee up. Good luck to anyone exercising.

I did the Great Cumbrian Run (half marathon) on Sunday and it killed me. At the end I was thinking, 'How on Earth did I used to do full marathons?'

Next day I got my acceptance into the London Marathon.

Shit.

My PB is also 4:08. This was 7 years ago when I was 14kg lighter. I'd love to lose weight, get in good shape and go under 4 hours but that's a big ask.

I did the Great Cumbrian Run (half marathon) on Sunday and it killed me. At the end I was thinking, 'How on Earth did I used to do full marathons?'

Next day I got my acceptance into the London Marathon.

Shit.
Ha, best of luck with the training. Definitely a mixture of emotions when I found out I got in. Elation at doing (arguably) the best marathon in the world in my local city but tainted with trepidation about the training. Doesn't get much more bleak than long runs in the pissing rain on a Sunday morning! I'm sure it'll all be worth it, mind!

I didn't get in London so I think I'm going to sign up for Manchester.

I'm doing the Manchester Half next Sunday and then I'm going to sign up for the Manchester full one the training will be tough but I really want to complete a marathon!

I didn't get in London so I think I'm going to sign up for Manchester.

I'm doing the Manchester Half next Sunday and then I'm going to sign up for the Manchester full one the training will be tough but I really want to complete a marathon!

Doing that myself, hoping for 1.45 but will have to see, booked on the Manchester full for next April then want to get a triathlon done before the end of next year, i'll be 50 then so see how i am after that.

Just ran to Piccadilly Gardens and back from Ancoats in my full suit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.