Running

Strong mate. How many more long runs are you planning? I did 20m on Friday and have 21 and 22 in the diary for the next 2 Fridays before slowing down ahead of the big day. I'm in a similar boat to you - my long runs often come in slower than 9m/m but I'm putting that down to how hilly north London is. On the flats I think I might be OK. I'm going to try and find the 3:56 pacer and try stick to him as long as possible.

I also got in the ballot, so I'm assuming I'll also be in the blue pen (Blackheath, right?). How do you know which pen you've been assigned? I would assume I'm in the same pen as you then as I also put that as my target time. You done London before?
Yeah, same: two more long runs then taper for three weeks. That's right - ballot places are in the blue start at Blackheath. Your can find out your pen if you phone them. I know it's pen 5 if you put your predicted finish time as between 3:45 and 3:59.

This'll be my fourth London; I did it in 2010, 11 and 12 so I'm older and fatter now. But I think I've trained smarter so I'm hoping that'll get me a PB.

I used to train around Finsbury Park, Green Lanes, Stamford Hill, Camden and Westminster when I lived down there.

Might bump into you in pen 5 then! I'll have the 'hilarious' name Willie Maykitt printed on my fluorescent yellow top.

If not, have a great race.

Yeah, same: two more long runs then taper for three weeks. That's right - ballot places are in the blue start at Blackheath. Your can find out your pen if you phone them. I know it's pen 5 if you put your predicted finish time as between 3:45 and 3:59.

This'll be my fourth London; I did it in 2010, 11 and 12 so I'm older and fatter now. But I think I've trained smarter so I'm hoping that'll get me a PB.

I used to train around Finsbury Park, Green Lanes, Stamford Hill, Camden and Westminster when I lived down there.

Might bump into you in pen 5 then! I'll have the 'hilarious' name Willie Maykitt printed on my fluorescent yellow top.

If not, have a great race.
Nice - fingers crossed it works out for you. I'm based slightly further north, so I primarily run around Finchley, Highgate, Hamsptead, Crouch End, Muswell Hill etc.

Haven't decided what I'll wear on the day, but it'll just say Sam. I'll look out for you though - enjoy the last month or so of training. Took me longer than I care to admit to work out the joke there...

Well did my first ever Marathon on Sunday, cam in at 3 hours 59 minutes so achieved my goal of under 4 hours. Extremely tough from miles 19-22 and then not so bad until the finish, went too fast to begin, aimed for 9 minute miles but ended up running sub 8.30 pace until around 15 miles in.

Definitely do another, aim for 3;45 which was my dream scenario this time.

Saw some sights at the end though, some people need to apply vaseline to their nipples, look like they'd be cut off! And as for the poor lad at the finish line who'd shit himself.............

Well did my first ever Marathon on Sunday, cam in at 3 hours 59 minutes so achieved my goal of under 4 hours. Extremely tough from miles 19-22 and then not so bad until the finish, went too fast to begin, aimed for 9 minute miles but ended up running sub 8.30 pace until around 15 miles in.

Definitely do another, aim for 3;45 which was my dream scenario this time.

Saw some sights at the end though, some people need to apply vaseline to their nipples, look like they'd be cut off! And as for the poor lad at the finish line who'd shit himself.............
Nice one! They always say that the marathon starts at mile 20.

Poor lad - I can't imagine ever wanting a finish time so badly that I'd risk shitting myself to save a couple of minutes!

Did a park run last week - 35 mins 50. Was pleased with that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.