Rusholme’s curry mile

Mine and my wife’s 1st curry together was in rusholme about 13 years ago, just before we started courting.

It was a late night curry after being out on a works do all night. Always thought that was what curry mile was for to be honest, a late drink and a scran. Never been earlier than 1am in my life and probably only eaten there once or twice in the last 13 years since that time with my missus.

Far too many decent ones in town or around the area we live to bother with curry mile.

Also, Malg your list is quality but I like a mint club personally and I’d probably swap the faggots for a fray bentos pie. The whole list reminds me of what was in the cupboards and freezer at my dads house when I was a kid.

Miramar moved a good few years back went to a takeaway only its in heaton chapel now just past mcvities

Didn't know that but will have a gander next time I'm over there, head waiter was sound, always thought he would end up taking it over.

Mine and my wife’s 1st curry together was in rusholme about 13 years ago, just before we started courting.

It was a late night curry after being out on a works do all night. Always thought that was what curry mile was for to be honest, a late drink and a scran. Never been earlier than 1am in my life and probably only eaten there once or twice in the last 13 years since that time with my missus.

Far too many decent ones in town or around the area we live to bother with curry mile.

Also, Malg your list is quality but I like a mint club personally and I’d probably swap the faggots for a fray bentos pie. The whole list reminds me of what was in the cupboards and freezer at my dads house when I was a kid.

He did miss Vesta Beef Curry off his list, fruit clubs for me.

There a few on Stockport rd near Dickerson road end that are ok ,i'am of to dosa express tomorrow in withington .

Not been for years think only a couple of times since we left MR.

I've driven through probably a couple of times a year in the daylight & it all looks a dump.

Think the final nail was not having a close Metro link.

My daughter is at Salford uni in private accommodation. A pest control guy came round and she sat him down gave him a cup of tea and had a chat
The guy did a job at one of the restaurants on the curry mile. He inspected the loft and found 10 illegal immigrants up there. He had to report it to his bosses who informed immigration officials and the place was raided

Kebabs at Rusholme Chippy same as back in 1976........no change at all

Except the price I reckon.

Went a few times in the late 80’s early 90’s. Couple of the big ones & one that was like a transport cafe. Transport cafe was by far the best.

Went to the Purple Lounge in Walkden(got to book at weekend). Absolutely gorgeous curry.

I went to one in the early 80s it was near the large Norweb offices/ depot. Cannot remember the road. I had a chicken madras and it was basically a whole chicken in a bowl of sauce. I couldn't eat it all so I asked to take it away. He put the curry in an old stera milk bottle. Iirc it had 2 toilets one for men and the other for students. Proper flea pit but food was good. The owner was more African than Asian.
Was that on Upper Brook St near Hathersage Road? Omar?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.