Russia 2018 & Racism

JoeMercer'sWay

PM if interested in starting fan kit consultation
So it's now the turn of Frimpong, the ex-Arse, to suffer monkey chants in Russia during a game. He reacted, and got sent off.

The reaction from various parties is telling.

Frimpong: "When the match was stopped, the fans started shouting 'monkey' at me," said Ghana's Frimpong after the 2-2 draw.

"I just did not keep my cool, I showed my emotions and it was my mistake."

"A human being shouldn't be racially abused for the game that I love. I'm going to serve a sentence for being abused."

-------

the General Director of his own club:

Ufa general director Shamil Gazizov said his club would not be calling for Spartak to be punished, describing it as an "unfortunate incident".

"There were people who could have shouted things. These are emotions which go away after the game. We are partners with the red and whites and are on good terms," he said.

"What Frimpong did was wrong. Sometimes you even have to hold back the tears and just put up with it."

-------

Former head of Russian football:

But in March former head of Russian football Vyacheslav Koloskov said too much is made of racism in the country and has also questioned why monkey chants are assumed to be racist.

Shit's going to hit the fan in 2018 imo.

Mostly due to his attitude towards Nasri over the years, IMO Frimpong is an absolute weapon of a person, but no one should have to be subjected to abuse because of their skin colour in the year two thousand and fucking fifteen.

This kind of thing just gives you a nice reminder of how backwards some people still are. Its a crying shame and I agree, the 2018 world cup has disaster written all over it.

The 2018 World Cup was one of racial tolerance.
An extract from the FIFA official report.
The Russian fans have been shown to be a set of racist twunts for several years but UEFA won't do anything about it at club and European international level and FIFA won't at global international level.
Who said Gazprom are a mega-rich Russian company that sponsors both UEFA and FIFA tournaments?

Didn't the media express the same fears about WC games in Leipzig, then EC games in the Ukraine & Poland?
I don't remember there being any problems whatsoever.

the world cup in Russia is going to be shown in black and white on old TV's without remote and in RGB (Technicolor) for rest of the world they are so far behind the modern world they still think its 1970 daft cunts

Racism in Russia is an issue, especially for the World Cup. But in the end, I don't believe Racism will be an issue. Euro 2012 perfect example, all that scaremongering before the tournament started and once it started, we heard zero cases of anything happening. Racism is a huge problem in Italy not to mention. Italy just as bad, with KPB and Balotelli walking off the pitch crying. Russia has hosted countless world championships, but racism is the last thing you'd hear in those. But I do hope Russia sorts its shit out with racism.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.