Ryan Bertrand

That would give us
..............Ederson
Walker..VK....Stones...Bertrand
Kdb....Gundongan....David
Bernardo...Jesus....Sane

with

Sterling, Kun, Otamedi,Yaya, Kolarov, Dinho, Bravo on the bench which to be honest is not too shabby.

Do we need Sanchez? Maybe but if we only spend 80 million on the fullbacks we can probably afford him.
Does look a lot healthier. I'm in two minds about Sanchez. he's a fantastic talent, but look at our forward line. if there's £80m going spare, Id' get cover for Vinny

Nacho is off mate.

Nolito is also likely to leave meaning Sane and Sterling will have nobody to really rotate with.

Have seen rumours about nacho leaving. But didnt think he had actually left. I would keep him as I am not sure we could get a better back up striker. (assuming aguero or jesus will start the majority of matches if pep goes one up front).

Maybe we need cover for navas and nolito leaving, but if we keep buying more players how will any of the academy lads ever break through? We also have roberts who can play wide and de bruyne. Although it looks like roberts may go.

£30 million is a crazy amount of money for a solid but uninspiring fullback but it's probably about right in this current market. Add the homegrown status in too and you can't really argue. we just need to get it done asap.

Bertrand and Walker aren't world class though. Mendy isn't currently either although he had a world class season, Alves is the only one we were after that was world class.

Plenty of teams have two sets of very capable fullbacks, Spurs being a good example. Chelsea play slightly differently with wing backs but all the talk coming from them is that they want to bring in an additional wing back for either side to compete with what they already have. they're so key in todays game and need to be the fittest players on the pitch, so rotation of them is a necessity and it would bee criminal for us not to have two options on either side come next season.

i'm actually okay with Kolarov being one of our left backs, i don't hate him there unlike others but i'm not sure Pep see's him there anymore. Dinho as an alternating right back though absolutely cannot happen. He performed there admirably but he's absolutely not a right back and numerous times last season was woefully exposed there to the point where Pep was forced to bring on Zab/Sagna and push him back into midfield. if we go into the season with Fernandinho as our second right back we will get nowhere.

Well reasoned. But I just can't see us getting in 4 quality FBs at this stage. I agree neither of the english two are world class. Alternatives? Bernat at LB. RB haven't got a scooby.

Does look a lot healthier. I'm in two minds about Sanchez. he's a fantastic talent, but look at our forward line. if there's £80m going spare, Id' get cover for Vinny
Fucking hell Marvin you haven't mentioned that for a few hours

If Bertrand, Kolarov, and Fernandinho are 3/4 Fullbacks I'll be fucking lived. It better be both Mendy and Bertrand on the left. Not a fan at all of Fernandinho as a RB but if we land our targets on the left then I'll deal with it. I'd much prefer Maffeo over Fernandinho but that seems off..

Roberts will replace Nolito I reckon.

My hope is that we can still have enough to sign Alexis and replace Kelechi with him.

Best attack in the league and up there with Bayern then.

Sanchez would be an incredible signing but if we do get a couple of solid fullbacks in on top of the signings we've already made then it will have been a really strong window regardless. Feel like Bernardo breezed in with so little drama that we're kind of forgetting what a special player he could be. If we do get Bertrand I think he's a really decent signing amd it'll certainly take some pressure off. I'd happily see us pay £50m for walker if that what it takes too.

Well reasoned. But I just can't see us getting in 4 quality FBs at this stage. I agree neither of the english two are world class. Alternatives? Bernat at LB. RB haven't got a scooby.

Definitely not going to be easy and absolutely won't be cheap now but we don't have much choice. This is the season where we have to back Pep all the way, we've been building for this for 2/3 seasons now, for us to cripple ourselves by not bringing in the players Pep wants and needs would be disastrous and that means 4 capable fullbacks.

I agree with you though, there's a substantial lack of talent at full back positions right now and we're not the only team around that needs them making it even harder. We really should have had at least one a piece signed and sealed before the season was out to not leave us in this potential mess.

There's still time to sort it, no need to go full panic mode but with every passing day we're losing out on valuable pre-season gelling time that could result in us not being ready come the first game of the season.

Sanchez would be an incredible signing but if we do get a couple of solid fullbacks in on top of the signings we've already made then it will have been a really strong window regardless. Feel like Bernardo breezed in with so little drama that we're kind of forgetting what a special player he could be. If we do get Bertrand I think he's a really decent signing amd it'll certainly take some pressure off. I'd happily see us pay £50m for walker if that what it takes too.

I don't think it's a case of people under appreciating Bernardo, more a case of it not being a problem this summer. I like how we took the chance to future proof ourselves and bring in a potential successor to Spanish Dave early but we're solving future worries there, whilst he could be special, he doesn't dramatically improve us right now. The key areas this summer have always been 4 fullbacks and a prove top quality goal scorer. We're yet to address any of those issues.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.