Ryan Bertrand

Mate of mine who is a Saints fan reckons unless you watch Bertrand week in week out you don't realise how good he actually is. Doesn't think Southampton will sell but would be gutted if they decided to. From what I've seen of both Bertrand and Mendy if we could only get one I would possibly go for Bertrand just looks like he may be a better fit for us with the added bonus of being English for the quota.

Can't see us going in for Bertrand now if we've got Mendy, Walker and Danilo. I think the main attraction of Danilo is his versatility meaning we'll only need the 3 fullbacks with Kolarov as cover and Fernandinho as emergency cover. The question is though, if no Bertrand that leaves us with a homegrown space free that we would be mad not to fill unless we're limited by money. Seems pointless selling Delph now but perhaps he wants to go to get games so who else could we bring in? I'd oersonally take a gamble on Wilshere for a few million and under the condition his wages are heavily incentivised towards appearance fees.

Can't see us going in for Bertrand now if we've got Mendy, Walker and Danilo. I think the main attraction of Danilo is his versatility meaning we'll only need the 3 fullbacks with Kolarov as cover and Fernandinho as emergency cover. The question is though, if no Bertrand that leaves us with a homegrown space free that we would be mad not to fill unless we're limited by money. Seems pointless selling Delph now but perhaps he wants to go to get games so who else could we bring in? I'd oersonally take a gamble on Wilshere for a few million and under the condition his wages are heavily incentivised towards appearance fees.

He's a sick note isn't he? I would prefer not to have him waste a squad place, and replace Delph on the treatment table.

I think a lot will depend on Delph, Roberts and Sanchez. If Arse will not sell, and we do shift Delph, we may keep Roberts who will fill the other HG spot

Kolarov is off to Roma if you believe Citywatch.
http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2017/07/19...on-deal-for-manchester-city-full-back-report/

I think we can definitely get along with Mendy, Walker and Danilo as fb. If Kolarov is staying he will be the LB backup with Danilo of course, and if Kolarov leaves we will get a new CB and we can play with 3 defenders. Do not see a reason to pay another 30 million on Bertrand. I only wonder who will be the new CB. Hope for Boateng!
Just imagine:
Walker/Danilo- VK- Boateng- Mendy/Danilo
Or 3 CB
VK- Boateng - Otamendi/Stones

He's a sick note isn't he? I would prefer not to have him waste a squad place, and replace Delph on the treatment table.

I think a lot will depend on Delph, Roberts and Sanchez. If Arse will not sell, and we do shift Delph, we may keep Roberts who will fill the other HG spot

Roberts I believe qualifies for a U21 spot

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.