Ryan Bertrand

Am I the only one who thinks if Bertrand is a lost cause then Gibbs from Arsenal might be worth going after

He isn't perfect but with the right manager (Pep) he could be almost a better and cheaper alternative??

Also hes English too for the HG status...

Am I the only one who thinks if Bertrand is a lost cause then Gibbs from Arsenal might be worth going after

He isn't perfect but with the right manager (Pep) he could be almost a better and cheaper alternative??

Gibbs is even worse than Clichy, I'd rather bring Gael back if that's the case.

Disappointed if we do miss out on this one, but can understand Southampton's reluctance to sell.

Shame though as short term I think he'd be a better option than Mendy, obviously with the added bonus of being home-grown.

Gibbs is even worse than Clichy, I'd rather bring Gael back if that's the case.

Theres just not many english full backs that are high quality right now in my opinion..

If Leighton Baines was 5 years younger would be the dream (or Rose but he would cost us 80 mill to bloody Levy in this market)

We should just go for a foreign LB and keep Delph for the HG depth

Theres just not many english full backs that are high quality right now in my opinion..

If Leighton Baines was 5 years younger would be the dream (or Rose but he would cost us 80 mill to bloody Levy in this market)

Mendy would be the first choice foreign option, but neither Delph nor Gibbs is suitable for depth. Hence why Danilo, who can play on both flanks and midfield.
If we had gotten Alves then Ryan Bertrand would've been a no brainer.

Gibbs is like a shit Clichy. He's miles below where Arsenal want to be, let alone where we want to be.

We don't need HG Depth, keeping him would just be unnecessary and he'd likely play even less than last season.

Hopefully we will have a squad like this -

Ederson
Bravo

Walker
Danilo

Kompany
Otamendi
Stones
Kolarov

Mendy

Fernandinho
Gundogan
Yaya
D. Silva
B. Silva
De Bruyne

Sterling
Sané
Sanchez
Jesus
Aguero

17 foreign players, 3 HG. We don't need to keep Delph for depth in a position where we already have Yaya, Gundogan, Fernandinho and even Danilo capable of playing already.

Bertrand makes sense because LB is the one position we're light in and his HG status means he fits, but that doesn't mean we need to keep HG players who aren't going to play for the sake of it. It would make a lot more sense to put that £10m for Delph towards Bertrand.

The other alternative would be to get someone capable of playing LB+CB to replace Kolarov, or keep Maffeo - that way we have 4 full backs and enough cover.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.