Ryan Bertrand

A good player and along with Mendy it will be decent pieces of business but this is completely batshit if he is the only leftback signing.

Last edited:
This is THE best back up lb we could hope to sign. We are building a very good squad. This will be in addition to Mendy (I pray).

Did a bit more reading.

Bertrand left Chelsea to get first team minutes and is now in his prime.

Would he come back to a top team only to be a 2nd choice LB again though? Would be quite surprised if he is coming to City to be our 2nd choice LB behind Mendy based on his move in the past.

This is either legit our top candidate or City are just trying to pressure Monaco to sell Mendy a bit faster.

EDIT: Also can Mendy/Berntrand play on the right or any other positions just trying to see if they can fit anywhere else as 2nd choice of for example LCB or RB.

Maybe no center back signing and kolarov covers there and Bertrand comes in to fight for LB with mendy? I defo don't think pep rates kolarov as a LB as even though he was shite towards the end clichy kept getting picked ahead of him.

What's mendys injury record like I heard its not clever could this be something to do with signing Bertrand? I'd imagine if we did get both Bertrand would get a minimum of 25 starts

Nothing against Bertrand, he's solid if unspectacular and would make sense to bring him in. especially if it's in addition to Mendy. But if we started the season with Walker and Bertrand as our starting fullbacks i'd be very underwhelmed, and would suggest another summer of missing out on primary targets and settling for alternatives.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.