Ryan Bertrand

Genuinely think Bertrand would seriously challenge Mendy for 1st choice LB. Delph can't do that because when he plays there we have to alter our whole tactical setup.

I'm torn on this one. On on hand I really rate Bertrand; as far as guys you can bring in to backup Mendy, and start for a long period of time if he has a setback, Bertrand's pretty much as good as your going to get. He's English, likely a better fit than Delph stylistically, and could very possibly be had for a knockdown price if Southampton go down. On the other hand, man...that'd be so harsh on Delph. He's been a pro since he joined, has worked hard to come back from injuries, and seems very well liked within the squad. If he could stay healthy it'd be a no brainier to keep him, it's a really tough call.

Zinchenko out on loan, Delph to stay as a utility player, Betrand in as a rotational player with Mendy.

Wonder if Delph would be ok with a being 3rd string CDM and LB. Probably wouldn't have a lot of appearances outside the FA and League cup without injuries.

i think he'd be a good signing. the main problem is squad places though. if we buy him and keep the other two left backs ( delph included) we arent going to have enough room on the bench. its going to be really difficult next season if we buy loads of new players - trying to give everyone game time.

I rate Bertrand, but I'd much rather we just brought Angeliño in to the squad.

Why? Watched a good percentage of Breda's games this season and, to be kind as possible, the lad is severely lacking. A lb that has 0 defensive intuition or ability, he makes Zinchenko look like Maldini.

Why? Watched a good percentage of Breda's games this season and, to be kind as possible, the lad is severely lacking. A lb that has 0 defensive intuition or ability, he makes Zinchenko look like Maldini.

Is he really that bad defensively?? I haven’t really watched him but he looks great in attack from the videos.

Angelino is far better than Zinchenko defensively

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.