Ryan Mason (Forced to retire)

I think he's made the right decision. Who knows, another bash on his bonce could be fatal. It's a shame, being that he's only in his mid-twenties and was presumably looking forward to a long and distinguished career in the game.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do, feller. Your health is a bloody site more important than a game of football.

sad story but the right decision ........... sounds like horrific damage done to his skull and far too risky to carry on. His employers and the league have a duty of care to the lad. I am sure he will get help from the PFA............. once Taylor has taken his cut

That's a shame, best of luck to the lad with whatever he decides to do next.

Gary Cahill ffs, his mis-timed challenges are ending careers now.

In all seriousness, this is really sad. I hope he can find something else that he's passionate about that can help fill the void left by football.

Last edited:
Sad indeed. Hopefully he has earned enough in the few years he had in the game to take the pressure off and allow him live a comfortable life and find something else he wants to do. I've seen him interviewed in the past and sadly I suspect he is way too articulate to get a job as a regular pundit on British TV.

Really sad new but the reality is that it could have been so much worse for him. I hope he gets all the support he needs in the future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.