Ryanair carry on bag

Surprised none of you have cottoned on to the bag scam here. Don't book or pay for hold luggage and then volunteer to put the cabin bag in the hold at check-in.

Not publicised by the airlines because it works.

I must be missing something, what happens if you don't book hold luggage but then rock up with a 15 or 20k case? It's inevitable if travelling with my mrs, so it would end up costing more, no?

Do you not get to choose a seat with them now? I flew with them a few years ago to Ireland and got to choose a seat. Is it one big scrum these days?
Yes, you can (if you pay extra, naturally). If you choose not to go down that route, you will be assigned a seat when you check in. You don't just go on the plane and grab the first seat you come to.

Yes, you can (if you pay extra, naturally). If you choose not to go down that route, you will be assigned a seat when you check in. You don't just go on the plane and grab the first seat you come to.
Once when returning from the US, I was on a Delta flight (out of Cincinnati, IIRC) and having not pre-booked a seat, got allocated a seat at checkin.

I cannot remember the aircraft type, but the seating was 2 - 5 - 2.

The only seat they had was the very, very back of the aircraft, like row 49. In the middle of the 5. On either side were two families of 4, with two kids sitting either side of me. The seat would not recline fully, being the back row. The toilets, which were only feet away, stank to high heaven. And the kids balled, screamed, cried and climbed on me for the entire flight.

Never, ever again.

Once when returning from the US, I was on a Delta flight (out of Cincinnati, IIRC) and having not pre-booked a seat, got allocated a seat at checkin.

I cannot remember the aircraft type, but the seating was 2 - 5 - 2.

The only seat they had was the very, very back of the aircraft, like row 49. In the middle of the 5. On either side were two families of 4, with two kids sitting either side of me. The seat would not recline fully, being the back row. The toilets, which were only feet away, stank to high heaven. And the kids balled, screamed, cried and climbed on me for the entire flight.

Never, ever again.

Some BBC celebs would have swapped their first class seats for that

And easyjet give you priority boarding too.
More importantly Easy Jet carry no weight restrictions so If you packed like Tenzing Sherpa you could easy last the fortnight with daily changes of socks and gruds. I utilize a vacuum machine for when I travel but maybe that's a tale for another day.

They do but never understood the appeal of priority boarding, always sit in the lounge and join the end of the queue, beats sitting on the plane waiting or standing in the long queue.

I just find it highly amusing, getting free priority, ahead of the people who paid for it.

Always smile when boarding starts on holiday flights 75% of passengers rush to queue up when everyone already has a seat allocated.

Madness.

You can hear the tuts when they announce anyone with children under the age of 5 come to the front!

Some people pay for the privilege of getting on first too.

Not any more.

Everyone who hasn’t paid for priority has to put bags in the hold if they are bigger than a small handbag.

Easyjet ask for volunteers with an incentive of speedy boarding. They even put you in front of the people who’ve paid for speedy boarding, which must piss them off royally.
Ryanair ok with a rucksack that could go under a seat even if it goes in the overhead locker.

The trouble with taking luggage to the gate which then goes in the hold is that you've had to take it through security. So the airlines save on check in staff but we end up taking 15 mins to get through security.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.