Safe standing - time to act

Nobody is twisting your arm.
Signing a petition is fine. Oh look I agree with this, I will sign a petition. You want it - but how much do you want it?
You want standing and will sign an e-petition but you don't want it enough to send in a fiver. If standing is brought in, your match day ticket could be 10 quid less. Every game. So that fiver was well spent. You see, you even got something back for it.
Politicians aren't too arsed about petitions (unless it effects their position) but presented with something right in front of them they can't ignore it. So it is vital that in England, one ground showcases a standing area (English politicians cant be arsed going to Glasgow to see one there, though an expenses paid trip to Germany is more likely to happen) so this will help get a safe standing area up and running in an English stadium.
Do you really think that there will be reduction in prices ... No chance

s
Good for you, that's your choice.
I wouldn't mind safe standing myself, just not enough to contribute my money to the cause.
So if I ask you to chip in a fiver and as a result there is a good chance that in two years time you could be paying a tenner less each game, that doesn't encourage you?
I hope if it does get reintroduced, that your seat goes up a tenner ;)

Seriously, I've been involved in campaigning for safe standing for 17 years. The fact Shrewsbury even have permission to install it is a fantastic result. Over the years the door was always shut hard in front of the FSF from the government, Football Licensing Authority, clubs, the FA, Premier League.... now we are close.... so fucking close and yet fans are reluctant to chip with a fiver. The cost of a pint (in Chorlton)

Last edited:
doing a great job, back you guys all the way, a brick wall has been hut trying to see this through.

All football clubs in the league and particular PL should have put more effort in to it instead of half hearted support comments.

sooner the better, yes it will mean a reduction in ticket prices, yes it will mean better atmosphere.

If the club are getting 2,400 more fans in for every 3,000 seats that are now standing, then yes it will be cheaper.

I didn't realize that would be the numbers of potential attendance increase. I did a quick estimate that in blocks 105-109 there is about 3000 fans @ 750 a block. This could potentially increase to 5800-6000 fans. Therefore its 6000 tickets at £30 = £180000 (standing) compared to 3000 tickets at (average)£60 = £180000 (seated). Ok there is ST's in there and other factors but 3000 extra fans for the same revenue.

There would be the logistical issues of under 18's and elderly fans or fans who don't want to move their season tickets or families etc. This would have to be phased in but interesting to see how this would develop.

Not trying to be funny but I'm curious as to what the fiver goes towards.
your £5 will go towards hot Bovril,at the moment the shrews are serving luke warm Bovril,this causes the beefy goodness to remain gloopy endangering shrews fans from choking whilst they stand,a hot Bovril is essential .

I don't know

edit,i do know

Shrewsbury will be the first English club to install rail seating in a all seater stadium.
It is not something that the club needs to do since the stadium is just over 10 years old but the Supporters Parliament convinced the board to approach those in charge of the legislative issue to let it happen.

This therefore a massive step forward for those in favour of safe standing in the English game.

The suggested method to finance the installation was crowdfunding - I can only guess that the arguement being put forward is that the footballing community will support us since it will open doors to incorporate a standing section at other grounds.

https://www.tifosy.com/shrews?scout=12704

It would be fantastic if you could donate. There are 'rewards' including entry to win Dortmund tickets, safe standing t-shirts and hopefully some other non Shrewsbury related items ( to encourage you to contribute). I would even add that if anyone would like to donate any 'reward' to those on offer I am sure the organisers would be grateful.

I hope that you still hold Joe Hart as being a bargain - you certainly got him on the cheap!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.