Saido Berahino

aguero93:20 said:
SuperBlu said:
Did any club in the world spent more money in strikers than us in the past 5 years ?

Yes. In the last 5 years we've spent - £38m Aguero
£28m Dzeko
£22m Balotelli
£22m Jovetic
£16m Negredo
£25m Bony

Total £149m or so.

Ibrahimovic - £71m
Neymar - £71.5m
Suarez - £76m
Sanchez - £25m
Villa - £30m

Total £273.5m or so, plus whoever else they signed
What an absolute shit list. If you include wingers and Ibrahimovic who, incidently was bought for more then 5 years ago, you'd have to include a lot more on the list of players city has bought aswell. Be fair.

spinzer said:
SuperBlu said:
Did any club in the world spent more money in strikers than us in the past 5 years ?

£28m Dzeko
£22m Balotelli
£22m Jovetic
£16m Negredo
£25m Bony

Total £149m or so.

Ibrahimovic - £71m
Neymar - £71.5m
Suarez - £76m
Sanchez - £25m
Villa - £30m

What an absolute shit list. If you include wingers and Ibrahimovic who, incidently was bought for more then 5 years ago, you'd have to include a lot more on the list of players city has bought aswell. Be fair.

I'd see Neymar and Sanchez as forwards mate, if I'd been going back far enough I would have included Bellamy and Robinho on the list if that helps. Wingers imo are midfielders and those lads aren't midfielders.

I actually quite like Berahino, I've seen him play really well against both United and Chelsea this season, and his goalscoring record is good considering his age and the team he plays in. I think he's got a lot of upside aswell. Might actually be worth a punt if Jovetic & Dzeko leave.

LittleEgg said:
.A. said:
Moving onto Dzeko; his goal tallies paper over the fact that he requires 5 chances to score and his all round play is woeful. You accuse Berahino of being nothing more than a finisher, yet Dzeko's pass completion this year and last averages out at around 75%, while Berahino's is roughly 84% in what isn't exactly a possession team. Aguero's is only about 85% in that period. Negredo's in his season with us? 76%.

I'm accused of being overly-pro British, but the issue is actually people like yourself refusing to acknowledge that England is producing some of the best young talent in Europe; I know it's fashionable to wheel out the misinformed 'overpriced/not good enough' yawn fest when we are linked to English players, but for a club that spent £34-40m on Mangala and is willing to spend £70m on Pogba, then £15-20m for Berahino would be fantastic business.

Exactly right, great summary of dzeko. Also i agree berahino is a decent prospect(especially as a 3rd choice striker+homegrown), snap him up for 20m.

Chelsea's 3rd striker was a 37 year old drogba ffs...and it didn't stop them winning the league comfortably, plus city need homegrown.

But they didn't have to count on Drogba, until the league was already won.
Good job really as he did the sum of fuck all.

.A. said:
Neville Kneville said:
@'a'

He plays for England. Interesting that you see him as a refugee.

You seem to have an agenda against pretty much anything the Spanish blokes do & go from one thread to another, even one forum to another, looking to find holes in everything they do & everything they could possibly want to do, whilst twisting & ignoring pretty much everything that has actually been a success.

The idea fhat Negredo was a failure is one of the most bent, biased, agenda ridden pile of fucking bollocks posts in the history of the internet. We even made a fucking profit for fucks sake.

Winning the title appears to be a problem for you rather than something which worked.

You are not being straight about what you post, & have an agenda. And the more success we have, at every level, the more people like you seem to be appearing, some of which seem to have a axe to grind with stuff that has happened at City & a blind spot for what we have achieved.

I think you are a wrongun.

He fled civil war in Burundi after his father was killed when he was 10. That makes him a refugee; if I had a 'UKIP agenda' I wouldn't want the kid anywhere the club, would I?

We won last years title because of Kompany, Zabaleta, Toure, Silva, Nasri, Aguero, Dzeko; only Fernandinho contributed positively of Txiki's signings. Demichelis did his best to sabotage our title challenge with a succession of balls-ups. Navas was average, Jovetic was a non-event, and Negredo scored a few when we were dicking everyone by 5/6 goals every game.

Last season Danny Welbeck scored the same number of league goals (9) as Negredo, despite playing primarily wide left for a poor rags team. Welbeck played 400 fewer minutes than Negredo; that's roughly 4 and a half less games. Your beloved beast was outdone by a donkey.

Negredo has 5 league goals for a good Valencia side this season and they're looking for every loophole to avoid buying him for the pre-agreed price.

Kelechi has done absolutely nothing to be mentioned in the same breath as Berahino; you're comparing a proven Premier League goalscorer to a novice.

Berahino has scored 5 more this season than Negredo did last season, and that's without having Toure, Nasri, Silva and Aguero next to him. When you also factor in Alvaro was in his prime here while Berahino is just a kid, there is no comparison to be had.

Moving onto Dzeko; his goal tallies paper over the fact that he requires 5 chances to score and his all round play is woeful. You accuse Berahino of being nothing more than a finisher, yet Dzeko's pass completion this year and last averages out at around 75%, while Berahino's is roughly 84% in what isn't exactly a possession team. Aguero's is only about 85% in that period. Negredo's in his season with us? 76%.

I'm accused of being overly-pro British, but the issue is actually people like yourself refusing to acknowledge that England is producing some of the best young talent in Europe; I know it's fashionable to wheel out the misinformed 'overpriced/not good enough' yawn fest when we are linked to English players, but for a club that spent £34-40m on Mangala and is willing to spend £70m on Pogba, then £15-20m for Berahino would be fantastic business.

So therefore, a bidding war for Berahino will ensue, & we won't get him for that. Unless you are perhaps the only person aware that he is one of the best talents in Europe ?

You have an agenda against the Spanish guys at City & everything you post is heavily tainted by it. Belittling the contribution of Negredo etc to our successful season last year is frankly fucking ludicrous, & the idea that Berahino would have contributed more to City than Negredo & Dzeko is also utterly fucking ridiculous. He is a kid, playing in a team against whom everyone is going forward trying to beat, leaving huge fucking holes in behind not in title battles against a back 10.

Their supporters' player of the year is Jolean Lescott playing at fucking left back.

I have no idea if Berahino will turn out a top player, he has not had enough time to show it but I know Iheanacho would be very quickly challenging him if he was English, probably next season & that Thierry Ambrose looks likely to be better than him as well. If we sign him, it will purely he down to his natonality, & not down to him being a better prospect than those we already have.
It would be better to sign homegrown players in positions we are actually short.
I think England will produce some top players, but most of them aren't yet playing in the Premier League & several may be at City.

Negredo was the best striker in the country for the first half of last season. Something happened to tuin his time here & he left. He got 20 goals led the line fantastically & we won a fucking double.

Your agenda is stupid.

Your arguments are stupid.

Ambrose and Kelechi are 'probably' going to be better than Berahino based on what exactly? Kelechi has 1 goal in 3 u 21 games; Berahino scored 2 against the league Champions the other night.

Negredo scored 9 goals in the league. NINE. Explain to me how Danny Welbeck bettered his goals/minutes and passing stats while playing on the left for a crap team if Negredo is as majestic as you imply he is.

Neville Kneville said:
.A. said:
Neville Kneville said:
@'a'

He plays for England. Interesting that you see him as a refugee.

You seem to have an agenda against pretty much anything the Spanish blokes do & go from one thread to another, even one forum to another, looking to find holes in everything they do & everything they could possibly want to do, whilst twisting & ignoring pretty much everything that has actually been a success.

The idea fhat Negredo was a failure is one of the most bent, biased, agenda ridden pile of fucking bollocks posts in the history of the internet. We even made a fucking profit for fucks sake.

Winning the title appears to be a problem for you rather than something which worked.

You are not being straight about what you post, & have an agenda. And the more success we have, at every level, the more people like you seem to be appearing, some of which seem to have a axe to grind with stuff that has happened at City & a blind spot for what we have achieved.

I think you are a wrongun.

He fled civil war in Burundi after his father was killed when he was 10. That makes him a refugee; if I had a 'UKIP agenda' I wouldn't want the kid anywhere the club, would I?

We won last years title because of Kompany, Zabaleta, Toure, Silva, Nasri, Aguero, Dzeko; only Fernandinho contributed positively of Txiki's signings. Demichelis did his best to sabotage our title challenge with a succession of balls-ups. Navas was average, Jovetic was a non-event, and Negredo scored a few when we were dicking everyone by 5/6 goals every game.

Last season Danny Welbeck scored the same number of league goals (9) as Negredo, despite playing primarily wide left for a poor rags team. Welbeck played 400 fewer minutes than Negredo; that's roughly 4 and a half less games. Your beloved beast was outdone by a donkey.

Negredo has 5 league goals for a good Valencia side this season and they're looking for every loophole to avoid buying him for the pre-agreed price.

Kelechi has done absolutely nothing to be mentioned in the same breath as Berahino; you're comparing a proven Premier League goalscorer to a novice.

Berahino has scored 5 more this season than Negredo did last season, and that's without having Toure, Nasri, Silva and Aguero next to him. When you also factor in Alvaro was in his prime here while Berahino is just a kid, there is no comparison to be had.

So therefore, a bidding war for Berahino will ensue, & we won't get him for that. Unless you are perhaps the only person aware that he is one of the best talents in Europe ?

You have an agenda against the Spanish guys at City & everything you post is heavily tainted by it. Belittling the contribution of Negredo etc to our successful season last year is frankly fucking ludicrous, & the idea that Berahino would have contributed more to City than Negredo & Dzeko is also utterly fucking ridiculous. He is a kid, playing in a team against whom everyone is going forward trying to beat, leaving huge fucking holes in behind not in title battles against a back 10.

Their supporters' player of the year is Jolean Lescott playing at fucking left back.

I have no idea if Berahino will turn out a top player, he has not had enough time to show it but I know Iheanacho would be very quickly challenging him if he was English, probably next season & that Thierry Ambrose looks likely to be better than him as well. If we sign him, it will purely he down to his natonality, & not down to him being a better prospect than those we already have.
It would be better to sign homegrown players in positions we are actually short.
I think England will produce some top players, but most of them aren't yet playing in the Premier League & several may be at City.

Negredo was the best striker in the country for the first half of last season. Something happened to tuin his time here & he left. He got 20 goals led the line fantastically & we won a fucking double.

Your agenda is stupid.

Berahino's passing, movement and finishing is superior to those of Negredo and Dzeko, so common sense suggests that around better players like Silva, Toure and Aguero, he'll perform better than the aforementioned two did.

capiloton said:
Berahino & Sterling is a good buy for homegrown purpose and can improve our team. they're both under 21 and league proven.

other homegrown that City should consider - Schneiderlin, John Ruddy, John Stones

I agree with regards to Berahino & Sterling

spinzer said:
£28m Dzeko
£22m Balotelli
£22m Jovetic
£16m Negredo
£25m Bony

Total £149m or so.

Ibrahimovic - £71m
Neymar - £71.5m
Suarez - £76m
Sanchez - £25m
Villa - £30m

I'd see Neymar and Sanchez as forwards mate, if I'd been going back far enough I would have included Bellamy and Robinho on the list if that helps. Wingers imo are midfielders and those lads aren't midfielders.
Tevez comes to mind lad

spinzer said:
spinzer said:

Tevez comes to mind lad

You're right, I thought he was 2008/9. Still doesn't change the outcome.

Edit: Even if we include Crocky and Adebayor :D. Sorry, I did the original from memory.

lets get this straight pulis is desperate to get rid. with the money he will get some giant donkey as he is good with those .we don't know if we are even interested but i am happy to be linked i rate this lad better than the 2 argie kids we have been linked with and better than the 23 year old french lad was at his age he could be the next owen or bent??? but i would still buy him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.